Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cold weather washing

badgoat06

Question

Anyone have any tips for washing your cars in the colder weather? I usually fill my soap buckets with hot water and wash the car. Then I use an air compressor and waffle weave towels to dry the car. I pay special attention to the door and trunk jambs.

13 answers to this question

Sounds like that might work. Frozen doors are the worst... I've climbed in the trunk on my hatchbacks in the past.

I've been using the Detail Spray as a waterless wash.

It keeps the dirt at bay and eliminates the frozen doors & windows on my truck. :cheers:

My wife's car sits in a heated garage. However there is no drain in the floor, so I can't wash it in there anyway.

Note to self: Put a drain in the floor next time... :lolsmack:

Anyone have any tips for washing your cars in the colder weather? I usually fill my soap buckets with hot water and wash the car. Then I use an air compressor and waffle weave towels to dry the car. I pay special attention to the door and trunk jambs.

Check out this link to previous posting of mine:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462&page=2

I used a product called ONR....essentially a no rinse wash. It was a little "weird" at first because it was not was I was used to.....bucket and hoze...but I was quite happy with the results and the fact that my hands didn't freeze and there was no ice skating rink at the bottom of my driveway afterwards. I plan to use this for the winter season only, but I know that there are others who use this year round. From other things that I've heard on this forum Adam's may be coming out with a product offering in this category. If they do I know I'll give it a bid. :thumbsup:

Check out this link to previous posting of mine:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462&page=2

I used a product called ONR....essentially a no rinse wash. It was a little "weird" at first because it was not was I was used to.....bucket and hoze...but I was quite happy with the results and the fact that my hands didn't freeze and there was no ice skating rink at the bottom of my driveway afterwards. I plan to use this for the winter season only, but I know that there are others who use this year round. From other things that I've heard on this forum Adam's may be coming out with a product offering in this category. If they do I know I'll give it a bid. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I may give that a try.

We have a coin-wash in Boulder (actually takes credit cards too so you don't have to fuss with a zillion quarters.)

The 'High Pressure Rinse' cycle uses hot water. I go and blast off the vehicles once each week. After blasting the mud, ice, salt, gravel, and crud, I give it a wash with a boar's hair brush on a telescoping pole.

Rinse again, then once again with the 'Spot-Free' rinse. Next a mist of Detail Spray over the entire vehicle, and take an Absorber to dry it off. (I use rubber gloves while doing all of this by the way, dish-washing style!)

Sound crazy? It is, however, our are the cleanest vehicles driving around in the snow! :thumbsup: