Customer Service 866.965.0400

Compressed air?

Vincenzo

Question

I was messing around with a can of compressed air, and was using it to blow some water off of a piece of plastic with all these little ridges and stuff. It seemed to blow off the water pretty well, so I started wondering if you could use it to help dry your car? I can't afford one of the air blaster things, but a 5 dollar 10oz can of compressed air should last 2 or 3 washes. It seems like it could be very useful to get water out of small cracks and stuff, just like the big blowers Adams sells. Is there any reason not to do this? Besides the possibility of a little of the liquid coming out and freezing the water for a second, I can't think of any reason. Please tell me if my idea is stupid or not.

So you think it would work? I looked it up and I can get 2 10oz cans for 13 bucks, and it I can get them each to last 3 washes, that would be awesome.

It could work, not sure how the cold air will affect anything. I am not sure how many washes you will get out of a can though. I have a Metro Vac Vac 'N Blow and it takes me at least 5 to 10 minutes to get the water blown out of the cracks and crevices.

A can of compressed air will only give good pressure for a few seconds. The colder the can the less pressure it will give. It wouldnt be bad for like cracks around mirrors and plastic trim and stuff but it will get expensive.

Could get expensive, my wife had this little cheap electric inflater that she got at Walmart or something. She used it for airing up inflatables for swimming/ lake. I used it the other day after washing to blow the excess water away. Not as good or as fancy as a big blower but it did the trick, for now. I know the POS is made in China.:willy:

Archived