Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clear Bra

matwgood

Question

Hey Everybody!

Going to be buying one of the Adam detailing kits either later this week or next. I am trying to do as much research as I can so I can get right to it when it arrives. My question is my 06 Charger R/T Daytona has a clear bra on it. Anything special I should do with it? It seems to be kinda chewed up in and makes me wonder if I should just take it off but I am not sure... any advice out there? I did a quick forum search but didn't see anything.

6 answers to this question

I Just went and took a better look at it. There are some scratches and pits on it. I mean the bra would still provide some protection but I don't want to look those scratches lol I think think the car was used for a lot of highway so it has the all the rocks hitting it. I will try to get some pics up tonight or tomorrow.

Apparently the Clear Bra Polish contained the same abrasives as the Fine Machine Polish, and then they added UV protectants into it to prevent yellowing.

OP, if you've got a newer 3M clear bra, you should have little to no issue with yellowing. The latest-gen clear bras are much better about this (though to be fair, the bra on my car only saw about 6 months of sun before the car became a garage queen).

So you can use the Porter Cable or Flex Polisher with the white pad and FMP to take out the small scratches that occur from use on the surface of the clear bra. You may need to clay it as well, but I'd wait for the word of someone more experienced on that.

After that, protect it with a good coat of wax. You can wax it any of the waxes Adam sells.

There's nothing you can do for the pitting, though. It's just like having pits in your paint: no amount of polishing will help.

Archived