Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze

aworkman

Question

Hi everyone,

I just purchased an 08 FJ Cruiser, it's Black Diamond. It's a really nice paint, but has a good bit of swirls.

I plan on Washing/Claying/SHR/FMP/MSW. I'd also like to use the Brilliant Glaze.

Could you tell me at what point in the process I apply that? I am assuming it's a added step, and doesn't replace one of the steps I've mentioned, is that correct?

Thanks!

18 answers to this question

Guest Gone & Forgotten

You ever tell anyone that you make your own detailing products? Nyuk nyuk.

BG is amazing. Im hooked after the first application. Even on my silver truck. Wow.

You can also use BG after a wash to give your ride more of a shine

I'll be doing that for sure. I'd love to top it off with some Americana, just haven't been willing to part with the dough for that yet...so many other things I want to put in my cart first:). I keep looking to see if it might become a daily special.

Thanks everyone. I love how helpful everyone on this forum is.

It's a large vehicle, so I'm sure it will take me some time to get it done. I'll post some pics once I do. I am new to the detailing world, just bought my PC last year. So it's going to take a bit 'til I get the hang of it.

Great idea with the SVRT. I was about to purchase some products a couple of days ago and decided to wait to see what the daily specials would be...then I got an email with a 15% discount code today! So that's awesome.

Thanks again. I will always take any advice you guys/gals have to offer.

Adam

BG on black should be a requirement, a very happy requirement. I have put it directly on the paint and then followed with Americana, or, have done the MSW/BG/Americana combo.

Every single time I put on BG, I just stop and look and look at the results. I can't exactly figure out what it does, but all I know is that I LIKE the look.

Depends if your under trees or in a dusty area with gravel roads you might have to do a full rinse with de-ionized water if possible (CR Spotless water system) or if no de-ionized water available, as you dry hit it with DS or Ive done a quick WW wash that has impressed me so much Ive been thinking of making it a part of my regimine, 12 hours after MSW de-ionized rinse hit that with a little WW wipe apply Americana WOW.

stupid question, you said wait 12 hours, if i have the car out, do i just detail spray it down before putting the bg on?

DS or Waterless Wash to remove dust particles, YES.

NEVER throw down ANY juice on paint that you haven't properly prepped.

After MSW, but let MSW cure for 12-24 hours and then rebuff with a clean MF polishing towel to get any oils that may have made there appearance, and then apply BG. Topping BG with Americana is the best for ultimate depth.

Chris

:iagree: I cant wait to use my BG and americana!!!

After MSW, but let MSW cure for 12-24 hours and then rebuff with a clean MF polishing towel to get any oils that may have made their appearance, and then apply BG. Topping BG with Americana is the best for ultimate depth.

Chris

Archived