Customer Service 866.965.0400

My take on Americana and "boutique" waxes in general.

premium

Question

I responded to a question in one of my other threads and its one I get asked alot. I thought this needed more attention so here it is in a thread of its own.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffcc; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset">Originally Said by Optical24 viewpost.gif

In the video you said that you've spent hundreds of dollars on car waxes the question is have you used Swissvax's premium car waxes, since their waxes cost over $150? I just want you input on them

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My response was this:

I have used several of Swissvax waxes. They are all good waxes, but they are very "botique." I mean, whats the point? Honestly, do you think the average Joe can tell the difference in the "look" a wax leaves behind? The answer is NO. To me a wax is required to be easy to apply and remove. Americana is easy, but there are easier. If you are looking for an easier on easier off than Americana just be prepaired to switch out towels nearly every panel because the oils and solvents that are added to the wax will saturate your towel (I did not have this issue with Americana).

They all bead and or sheet water, protect very little when the vehicle is exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time and in most cases take longer to apply and remove than many sealants.

These days "waxing" your car is for self gratification, not real, long term protection. It always makes you feel good with a fresh coat of wax on your ride.

My point to all of that is if you like using waxes (I do) you really don't get anything extra from the uber expensive waxes other than an empty wallet.

You can spend more than $69.99 on a tub of wax if you like, but your car isnt going to look any better. Period.

I hope this is helpful.<!-- / message -->

23 answers to this question

Trust me, he know about wax. And he knows how much he can make using it, his customers foot the bill for it. And his customers have more money than they know what to do with :willy::willy::willy:

true that...i need to get some customers like that:lolsmack:

"hello sir...since i am using $8,000 wax i am going to have to charge you $10,000 for this detail"

funny thing is, you get free refills for life with that wax...CRAZY:help:

this information should be relayed to that european guy that details all those exotic cars and uses a wax that cost $8,000!!!!!!!!

Trust me, he knows about wax. And he knows how much he can make using it, his customers foot the bill for it. And his customers have more money than they know what to do with :willy::willy::willy:

I responded to a question in one of my other threads and its one I get asked alot. I thought this needed more attention so here it is in a thread of its own.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffcc; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset">Originally Said by Optical24 viewpost.gif

In the video you said that you've spent hundreds of dollars on car waxes the question is have you used Swissvax's premium car waxes, since their waxes cost over $150? I just want you input on them

My response was this:

I have used several of Swissvax waxes. They are all good waxes, but they are very "botique." I mean, whats the point? Honestly, do you think the average Joe can tell the difference in the "look" a wax leaves behind? The answer is NO. To me a wax is required to be easy to apply and remove. Americana is easy, but there are easier. If you are looking for an easier on easier off than Americana just be prepaired to switch out towels nearly every panel because the oils and solvents that are added to the wax will saturate your towel (I did not have this issue with Americana).

They all bead and or sheet water, protect very little when the vehicle is exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time and in most cases take longer to apply and remove than many sealants.

These days "waxing" your car is for self gratification, not real, long term protection. It always makes you feel good with a fresh coat of wax on your ride.

My point to all of that is if you like using waxes (I do) you really don't get anything extra from the uber expensive waxes other than an empty wallet.

You can spend more than $69.99 on a tub of wax if you like, but your car isnt going to look any better. Period.

I hope this is helpful.<!-- / message -->

:iagree::iagree:

Amen. I kind of asked the same question the other day. I asked what percentage of americana is carnuaba....and heres the answer i got from dylan and Adam:

% of carnuba is a huge game manufactures play to try and falsely market some perceived superiority in their product. Fact is some claim percentages that are completely not possible... at a point a high enough percentage of hard carnuba becomes unworkable. Its an astonishingly low percentage too so companies come up with shady ways to inflate the % based on an asterisk. Theres % by weight, % by volume, and other ways to word it to make one seem higher than the other when the truth of the matter is there is a ceiling for carnuba content. Its a game of deceit that we don't intend to play. What I will say:

• The carnuba that we do use in Americana is of the absolute highest standard and quality available.
  • Carnuba is just one ingredient of MANY contained in a quality paste wax.
  • We tested the product in various carnuba proportions and settled on the one we sell for being a balance of depth of shine and ease of use.
  • It works, and its 110% guaranteed that you'll like it too.

To quote the boss himself:

Quote:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffcc; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset">Originally Said by Adam

Well, there is no reason to even discuss the % of or types of wax in our Americana. In fact, we tested it against the $1,000+ waxes and feel that we are at least on par with them in both shine, and ease of use.

Here's the beautiful part: Try ours, and if you don't feel it outshines the competition, with equal or less effort, we'll refund 110% of your purchase, shipping included! A 10% return is outstanding these days!

I'm confident we are the only wax on the market that the end user can profit on if not satisfied 110%.

We have had zero refunds on Americana, and have sold tubs to the cool but self-admittedly snobby Concours d'Elegance crew, who replaced their high dollar waxes with our Americana.

If I told you a hamburger came from a cow that was organically corn-fed, on 854 acres of farmland surrounded with 339 trees, and 39 acres of shade, massaged and meditated daily with a therapist who was trained in the mountains of Tibet, by the Dalai Lama, do you think the burger would taste better?

Maybe, however, would you pay double for it? Absolutely! Would you pay 10X for it? Maybe. Would you pay 20X for it? Well, if money was truly no object, and you really liked the marketing, maybe.

The car care product industry is so filled with shady marketing, it absolutely blows my mind. Putting paste wax onto your hands, and applying it so that the warmth of your fingers slowly activates special polymers, waxes, etc, and creates a special, warm glow on your finish. . . . . :lol:

We focus on two basic fundamentals when it comes to our polish and wax line:

1. Depth of Shine
  2. Ease of Use

Notice we don't try to baffle our customers with terminology that doesn't actually exist? Notice there is not a system of applying a zillion layers of polish, polymer, etc., to our line? Notice, if you need help, we give you our cell phone numbers and say, "Call me!"

That's because I'm a small business owner, and really just a car detailer. I like products to provide excellent results, and with minimal effort.

Maybe we would grow Adam's Polishes much faster, and I'd be driving a new ZR-1 if I sold out, and started marketing with such shady tactics. I wouldn't sleep well, would have difficulty looking our customers in the eyes, and would probably break out in hives or something!

Instead, we choose to maintain integrity in marketing, providing an American Made product line, offer zero lies to get people to buy our goods, and just put out the highest quality, easiest to use car care products available at a reasonable price.

We were the first, and are still the ONLY company in this industry to offer a 110% Unconditional Lifetime Satisfaction Guarantee. We have paid out on that guarantee about a dozen times in the past 10 years.

-Adam:patriot:

I saw your post. Lots of info there.

Amen. I kind of asked the same question the other day. I asked what percentage of americana is carnuaba....and heres the answer i got from dylan and Adam:

% of carnuba is a huge game manufactures play to try and falsely market some perceived superiority in their product. Fact is some claim percentages that are completely not possible... at a point a high enough percentage of hard carnuba becomes unworkable. Its an astonishingly low percentage too so companies come up with shady ways to inflate the % based on an asterisk. Theres % by weight, % by volume, and other ways to word it to make one seem higher than the other when the truth of the matter is there is a ceiling for carnuba content. Its a game of deceit that we don't intend to play. What I will say:

• The carnuba that we do use in Americana is of the absolute highest standard and quality available.
  • Carnuba is just one ingredient of MANY contained in a quality paste wax.
  • We tested the product in various carnuba proportions and settled on the one we sell for being a balance of depth of shine and ease of use.
  • It works, and its 110% guaranteed that you'll like it too.

To quote the boss himself:

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffcc">Originally Said by Adam

Well, there is no reason to even discuss the % of or types of wax in our Americana. In fact, we tested it against the $1,000+ waxes and feel that we are at least on par with them in both shine, and ease of use.

Here's the beautiful part: Try ours, and if you don't feel it outshines the competition, with equal or less effort, we'll refund 110% of your purchase, shipping included! A 10% return is outstanding these days!

I'm confident we are the only wax on the market that the end user can profit on if not satisfied 110%.

We have had zero refunds on Americana, and have sold tubs to the cool but self-admittedly snobby Concours d'Elegance crew, who replaced their high dollar waxes with our Americana.

If I told you a hamburger came from a cow that was organically corn-fed, on 854 acres of farmland surrounded with 339 trees, and 39 acres of shade, massaged and meditated daily with a therapist who was trained in the mountains of Tibet, by the Dalai Lama, do you think the burger would taste better?

Maybe, however, would you pay double for it? Absolutely! Would you pay 10X for it? Maybe. Would you pay 20X for it? Well, if money was truly no object, and you really liked the marketing, maybe.

The car care product industry is so filled with shady marketing, it absolutely blows my mind. Putting paste wax onto your hands, and applying it so that the warmth of your fingers slowly activates special polymers, waxes, etc, and creates a special, warm glow on your finish. . . . . :lol:

We focus on two basic fundamentals when it comes to our polish and wax line:

1. Depth of Shine
  2. Ease of Use

Notice we don't try to baffle our customers with terminology that doesn't actually exist? Notice there is not a system of applying a zillion layers of polish, polymer, etc., to our line? Notice, if you need help, we give you our cell phone numbers and say, "Call me!"

That's because I'm a small business owner, and really just a car detailer. I like products to provide excellent results, and with minimal effort.

Maybe we would grow Adam's Polishes much faster, and I'd be driving a new ZR-1 if I sold out, and started marketing with such shady tactics. I wouldn't sleep well, would have difficulty looking our customers in the eyes, and would probably break out in hives or something!

Instead, we choose to maintain integrity in marketing, providing an American Made product line, offer zero lies to get people to buy our goods, and just put out the highest quality, easiest to use car care products available at a reasonable price.

We were the first, and are still the ONLY company in this industry to offer a 110% Unconditional Lifetime Satisfaction Guarantee. We have paid out on that guarantee about a dozen times in the past 10 years.

-Adam:patriot:

Archived