Customer Service 866.965.0400

It's Game time

BlueGenCoupe

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know Ima be ready for the draft!! The Avs have two in the top 11 baby! Not that this draft has a clear #1 overall, just a decent amount of talent. That could be great as perhaps they can get a D with the first pick (if the Oil screw up), and perhaps a G with the #11 pick, or trade it to LAK for Bernier and some stuff back and forth.

Would I be surprised if we took 2 C with those picks? Greg Sherman is our GM, so, no.

LOL!

You know Ima be ready for the draft!! The Avs have two in the top 11 baby! Not that this draft has a clear #1 overall, just a decent amount of talent. That could be great as perhaps they can get a D with the first pick (if the Oil screw up), and perhaps a G with the #11 pick, or trade it to LAK for Bernier and some stuff back and forth.

Would I be surprised if we took 2 C with those picks? Greg Sherman is our GM, so, no.

LOL!

Yes, we need two more strong centers so all 4 lines can have future all-star centers. It's brilliant! Then we won't need D or a goalie because we'll be scoring goals like mad! :lolsmack: Mook for GM!

Seriously though, I'm just as excited about the draft as you, but inspite of how well we draft you and I both know our first rounder's will be trade-bait sooner rather then later. I'm afraid our front office still believes they can just buy the talent to win the cup as opposed to building a team for the long term. It's just too bad that Detroit has the market cornered on that strategy. I don't know about you, but I'm praying for the best but planning for the worst for next season.

Yes, we need two more strong centers so all 4 lines can have future all-star centers. It's brilliant! Then we won't need D or a goalie because we'll be scoring goals like mad! :lolsmack: Mook for GM!

Seriously though, I'm just as excited about the draft as you, but inspite of how well we draft you and I both know our first rounder's will be trade-bait sooner rather then later. I'm afraid our front office still believes they can just buy the talent to win the cup as opposed to building a team for the long term. It's just too bad that Detroit has the market cornered on that strategy. I don't know about you, but I'm praying for the best but planning for the worst for next season.

The difference this season is Joe Sakic having more say in decision making. You know as well as I do, that Joe will make the needed moves to make the Avs a contender again, whether Kroenke wants it or not. At some point, moves need to be made so fans start showing up.

Archived