Customer Service 866.965.0400

newbie...question bout sealant and wax

camarobrah

Question

Hey guys, yes first post! :help:

Basically I got a new camaro, I waxed it...then noticed as I went back outside there was a dust storm. Apparently al the dirt now sticks to my car since I waxed it. You can see everything...all the wax swirl, and spots I missed lol. Now I'm curious to know if I use the sealant from Adams, will I eliminate the dust sticking? I usually park my car at work and its a general dusty environment and everyone else with black doesn't havr as much dust.

And I waxed my ride with NXT from meguirs.

11 answers to this question

Ok, turns out the over counter wax I used aka NXT has a huge problem with charging static and extreme dust attraction!

Going to rewash and use cleaner and order up some Adams this week to rewax the right way.

Never use the over the counter junk, lol you be better off waxin the car with butter from the fridge IMO.

There are a bunch of great waxes out there, Adams has my top two favirote, BUttery & americana.

Americana is the best & easiest to use paste wax out there. And IMO few will give you the same results.

A much more cost effective wax is buttery wax from adams. I LUV BUTERRY :jester:

It is easy to apply and almost effortless to take off. The results are the best in the industry for liquid waxes.

I was looking into Adams premium shine kit. It's doesn't come with the butter...(sounds tasty though) but the americana and glaze.

Would you say I could get better results so to speak?

oh yes! the premium shine kits rocks and you will get better results then buttery.... I always throw buttery in the mix when peeps use over the counter stuff as the price is great.

Make sure you either wash your car with dawn or do an Isporal Alcohol wipe down to remove your NXT wax.

You want a clean and clear surface to start from. if your just going to wax the car i dont see a need in claying but if you are doing any type of paint correction/polishing you need to clay your car!

BTW::welcome:

Archived