Customer Service 866.965.0400

What polish to use on light swirls

ThunderRobo

Question

Hey guys, sorry for the newb question, but I was just wondering if light swirls will be removed with fine machine polish, or should I just hit it with swirl & hase remover before hand?

Thanks

D

*edit* pics up.

Sorry, iphone photo

5638792294_05ebfc6774_z.jpg

17 answers to this question

You mean Brilliant Glaze attempts to FILL IN minor damage without cutting. BG doesn't "take out" anything. To the OP, you'll be stepping up to SHR to fix that damage. I can look at that and tell that SHR will be necessary.

Yep, I did use SHR to get all the swirls out!

Thanks for making those awesome vids too!

Good to hear i was about to say the brilliant glaze takes out minor stuff without cutting but you got it already

You mean Brilliant Glaze attempts to FILL IN minor damage without cutting. BG doesn't "take out" anything. To the OP, you'll be stepping up to SHR to fix that damage. I can look at that and tell that SHR will be necessary.

I laugh at at G8/GTO doods alllllll popping in first! Thats frggn hilarious!

Someday, Ima join you guys.

:D either or I don't care, but I will have one of them.

We're fastest on the forum and the street! lol

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Those look pretty minor. We always say, less is more. So start with FMP and a white pad and see if you can knock them out. If that doesn't give you the desired results move up to orange and SHR.

I corrected my car last Spring, drove it all year (sun, snow, rain, ice, and yes... Salt) and I was able to correct most of it this spring with FMP.

Chris

:iagree: Always start with the lesser!:thumbsup:

And don't be afraid to do 2 or 3 passes with the FMP if that's what it takes to get them out. Work on one section until you get it the way you want it then you'll know what you need to do on the rest of the car.

The instructional video's will be a good guide for you :2thumbs:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos.aspx

Always start with the least aggressive product, which will be the Fine Machine Polish. If that doesn't work, only then step up to the Swirl & Haze Remover. No need to remove extra clear coat if you don't have to. :2thumbs:

EDIT: Looks like Chris posted pretty much the same thing while I was typing. I need to get faster. :lolsmack:

Those look pretty minor. We always say, less is more. So start with FMP and a white pad and see if you can knock them out. If that doesn't give you the desired results move up to orange and SHR.

I corrected my car last Spring, drove it all year (sun, snow, rain, ice, and yes... Salt) and I was able to correct most of it this spring with FMP.

Chris

Archived