Customer Service 866.965.0400

Green wheel cleaner on Chrome ?

CMorg

Question

10 answers to this question

Personally, I only bring out the GWC when my wheels are funk nasty. Yes it it safe. Follow close to direction on the bottle. You using a Powerstick or Boulder Blonde Brush with it? Make sure the wheel is reallly cooled off. After they are clean, I suggest claying and waxing them. Mario and Dylan both have great bits in their VR32 & Cleanin Up New Tires thread.

:)

I agree with Christopher :D:D:D

Bwaaaaahahahahaha

Might I add, by claying and waxing, you will be helping yourself out in the future by reducing brake dust.

Little Metal Polish combo in between the clay and wax, and maybe FMP on 4" white pad, never hurt no one. Except the faces you will melt!

Any cleaner that isn't pH balanced is going to degrade it a little... so my advice:

If its only light cleaning use Car Shampoo and water and save your Green Wheel Cleaner for heavier break dust buildup.

I'd say personally I do 3 or 4 soap and water wheel cleanings to every 1 GWC cleaning... that way as the MSW is breaking down and getting towards the end of its 'life' I can strip it off with a GWC job and then reapply.

Ok, I used the Car Shampoo on them today as the rain had them pretty nasty looking.. just hosed them off and foamed them with the gun :D

I only ask tho because I tested the GWC on my winter setup (clearcoated factory 20s) because it had been awhile since they were cleaned last.. and I freakin LOVED using it lol

Archived