Customer Service 866.965.0400

3M adhesive remover?!? purchase locally?

3PedalMINI

Question

So my mom saw how nice my vehicles looked de-badged and asked if i could do hers. Ive always de-badged my vehicles a few days after taking delivery no more then a week and didnt think too much of it. I knew it had to be a bit more of a PITA to do but not this bad, it took me two hours to do the GMC badge:willy: and now i have a mess over at the Yukon XL. Shoulda known, her her yukon is 9 years old.:help:

Ive read some good things about the 3M adhesive remover on here but does any one know or have ideas where I could possibly buy it locally?

Ive become a pro at debadging.....new vehicles:lolsmack:

TIA

12 answers to this question

It has been discontinued and I couldn't find any locally so I had to order off of Amazon. If you do get goo gone get the automotive version. It's the one with the car on the label :thumbsup:

One is oil based and the other is water based. Well at least that was the info I was able to find on the internet, so it must be correct :D:D:D

It has been discontinued and I couldn't find any locally so I had to order off of Amazon. If you do get goo gone get the automotive version. It's the one with the car on the label :thumbsup:

One is oil based and the other is water based. Well at least that was the info I was able to find on the internet, so it must be correct :D:D:D

Your just a wealth of knowledge!:eek:

Goo Gone is the Shiznit.. lol

Worked amaizing on my nissan van, I had that finished in 20 minutes! This, ive literally been through an entire bottle, doesn't work on this.

Is it more powerful then the basic one (which im using/have used in the past) any real worries about using the regular version? i assume its just the worry of leaving oil residue on the paint?

Ill check out autozone/wallmart/local paint supply store. Thanks all! this stuff is like supper tape or something, heat, bug & tar remover, goo gone, a questionable liquid i wont mention:o wont take this off. I assume the arosol can has been discontinued? due to VOC compliant environmental BS?

Hey good luck with that!

Your Mom will love you. :D

lol' date=' she's going to love me even more after i get done paint correcting her poor vehicle. Now ill just have to drive the point home that a "Nice" car wash is just as bad as a "bad" car wash:lolsmack: I, however am not looking foward to this, its ALOT of paint:help:. But this is my Guinea pig so i suppose it's worth it:D

BTW: this is my van I de-badged in 20 minutes with hairdryer, goo gone, bug & tar and fishing line. Ohh and detail spray:rockon:[img']http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/kiladawg/IMG-20110417-00038.jpg[/img]

IMG-20110417-00039.jpg

Washington-20110417-00041.jpg

Washington-20110417-00040.jpg

Archived