Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can someone put my supplies in order? Looking 4 a swirl-free shine!

Ttown

Question

Hi, a friend is letting me borrow his PC this weekend and I am planning on doing a full wash and detail on my car. It's going to be my first PC/Wax/& Polish session. It's a 2010 model so its fairly new. It has MINOR swirls if you look real closely.

But I have no clue on the order to use my Adams Supplies. I read about people using PC's and the PC actually causing minor swirls and maybe a minor clear coat strip. I don't want this. And I also read about too much polish/wax causing a cloudy appearance. I want to make sure none of this happens. So any tips is greatly appreciated.

Can someone fix my order? Here's what I own/borrow of Adams:

[Washing Supplies]

Adams Shampoo

2 Wash Mits

Foam Master Foam Gun

Glass Cleaner

Glass Sealant

[Wax/Polish Supplies]

Revive Polish

Buttery Wax

Swirl and Haze Remover

Fine Machine Polish

Brilliant Glaze

Super VRT

[Hardware]

Porter Cable with Adams Pads and Plate

I'm thinking:

-Usual Foam Wash

-Detail Spray Car

-Dry

-PC SHR

-PC FMP

-PC Revive Polish?

-Detail Spray Car and Dry??

-PC Brilliant Glaze?

-PC Buttery Wax?

-Hand Brilliant Glaze?

-Detail Spray car and Dry?

18 answers to this question

sorry! I thought I had posted it. I found out about this forum through a friend who has the same car and who lives near me. We're both members of camaro5.com

So yeah :P a 2010 White Camaro.

Since the car hasn't been waxed or polished since its purchase in December 2009, do you think the clear coat is already gone? I wonder how long it lasts. Before I found out about adams, I used a soft brush car wash with a Tri-Gloss Spray Wax that it also used.

Awesome. Thanks guys. I'll try to clay right after the wash using the water and ds left over. He has about half a clay bar left. Think that will be enough?

And no one has msw, so is buttery an okay substitute?

Its a white car btw

Whatever clay you have break it in half in case you drop it. That way you will have some to continue on.

Awesome. Thanks guys. I'll try to clay right after the wash using the water and ds left over. He has about half a clay bar left. Think that will be enough?

Its a white car btw

Oh yea the half clay should last you a long time, but remember if you drop it on the floor or do your rims with it, its garbage.

I would say you could use BW as a substitute but, i've never tried it. I've always used MSW

Its a white car btw

Hi, a friend is letting me borrow his PC this weekend and I am planning on doing a full wash and detail on my car. It's going to be my first PC/Wax/& Polish session. It's a 2010 model so its fairly new. It has MINOR swirls if you look real closely.

But I have no clue on the order to use my Adams Supplies. I read about people using PC's and the PC actually causing minor swirls and maybe a minor clear coat strip. I don't want this. And I also read about too much polish/wax causing a cloudy appearance. I want to make sure none of this happens. So any tips is greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking:

-Usual Foam Wash

-Detail Spray Car

-Dry

-PC SHR

-PC FMP

-PC Revive Polish?

-PC Brilliant Glaze?

-PC Buttery Wax?

-Hand Brilliant Glaze?

I'm with everyone else on this. The PC is the safest thing to use on a car. Neither polishing or waxing causes cloudiness. Polishing is what makes the car shine. Once you do the FMP you'll see the shine and depth. The wax whether be MSW or BW acts a sealant. I would used he MSW then go with BG and BW for the last step. The combination will seal the paint and give it a little extra pop to the paint. Edit: here's a pic of my Camaro after FMP. No cloudiness here :)2011-04-15_12-17-03_779.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

First off, any polishing will remove clear coat, as on modern paint that is what is gets damaged. You will remove almost unmeasurable amounts of the clear coat with Adam's products, but you are still removing some.

With any project you want to start with the least aggressive method first. Tape off a 2' x 2' area and start with the FMP. If you like the results, then remove the tape and work the rest of the car. If it is not where you wanted, move up to SHR and the orange pad. This step will cause micro swirls, and will require FMP to 'perfect' the paint.

Enjoy, take lots of breaks, and drink lots of water! :thumbsup:

Like stated above. The order is good, but the most crucial step is claying the car before doing any polish work.

Now heres a tip, after the wash, there will still be water sitting on the car, you can go right to claying. The water sitting on the car mixed with a couple squirts of DS will save you time on the drying process and with save a bunch of DS.

Also Machine super wax should be applied after the fine machine polish.

If your not sure about something watch the junkmans videos on youtube or on the forum. Any other questions feel free to ask!

I'm thinking:

-Usual Foam Wash

-Detail Spray Car

-Dry

-PC SHR

-PC FMP

-PC Revive Polish?

-PC Brilliant Glaze?

-PC Buttery Wax?

-Hand Brilliant Glaze?

Sounds like a good order of events but I'd throw a clay in there before polishing. The last DS application isn't necessary, and neither is using Revive after FMP. Personally, I like to get at least one layer of MSW on the paint for the unbeatable protection it offers, but your way works too!

Remember, this is an art, not a science. Take your time and learn as you go. Watch Adams videos several times too. Remember, correction takes time. A lot of time. Don't rush it.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Archived