Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time using Adams

savi01

Question

Ok, first off I want to apologize right now for having no pictures! There was an overcast, I don't have a super fancy camera, and by the time I finished it was dark. Hopefully I can snap some tomorrow!

I recently got the basic car care kit and tried out the products today. I was hoping to wait until I could afford the clay bar and some other products as well and do a full on detail, but with how dirty my truck was, I just couldn't resist!

I used Dawn to strip off the old products I've used in the past (stupid me!), and then rewashed with Adams shampoo. First off, :jawdrop: the amount of suds in the bucket! Never seen such from other products. It cleaned up my baby very nicely, I misted Detail Spray all over (really need to stock up on that), dried, and applied Buttery Wax. At this point my neighbor stopped by to drool himself at the shine. My Avalanche is Blue Granite Metallic, not the easiest to get super shiny, and he was amazed. Then came the SVRT.. :o! THEE tire dressing I've always been looking for! EASY to apply, wasn't greasy or uneven. Oh and the microfiber towels were excellent as well!

To get to the point; I'm in love. After seeing all the pictures of other member's rides, of all the talk on the forums, I really was expecting a lot, and the products delivered. Thank you Adam! I've never seen my truck so shiny, and I still haven't used a PC to correct the paint! (Got some past water spots that are visible in certain light I'd like to remove).

Hopefully over time I can get more products (college!) and make it shine even more! Sorry for the long post, but I'm extremely happy right now :D

Congrats Savi, now you know why we are all here! As the Junkman says, you are now "unplugged from the matrix", and know what detailing with the proper products is all about. :2thumbs:

I always suggest buying the DS in gallons. I did the same as you, bought the bottle, then realized how amazing it is, and placed an order for a gallon a week later.

Best time to buy IMO is when they're getting the new models onto the lot, usually between December-February, which is also when they got some good rebates going. I hope you can get your Tahoe, or better yet an Avy!

To be honest.. I have no idea! My dad and uncle went together to look at some, and the dealer had two Avy's on the lot, my uncle put the offer in for both of them, mostly for laughs and giggles, but the dealer accepted. Two brand new Avy's, 24K. Like I said they are LS, but then again the MSRP for those is still in the 30's. I think they had a few rebates going on around that time as well (Feb 2009), and were also trying to get the 08's off the lot to make room for the newer models.

Oh the Avalanche fully loaded is 50K, and I think they price the Tahoe's even higher, it's insane. What about a used one? My cousin picked up a nice LT2 equipped 07 Tahoe for 21K, less than 50,000 miles on it.

possibly, they may keep it..

I want a Tahoe VERY bad.. but, I cannot afford 3 car payments.. once the G8 is paid off, maybe (although I prefer not to wait, lol)

the other issue I have, why the hell do they have to price them so high? lol with decent options you're looking at least 50k.. I would be buying, not leasing.. wtf

That's a tempting offer... but I'll have to pass :D

I'm a HUGE fan of the Avalanche! My family had the first ones that came out, and we traded it in for the 2008 a couple years ago. I drive it all the time and don't want anything else!

Archived