Customer Service 866.965.0400

MetroVac Vac and Blo 500

CMorg

Question

9 answers to this question

I've had the Metro Jumbo Vac n Blo for about 3 years and love it for vacuuming my car and blowing out the garage. I don't love it for drying my car, though. It doesn't have a way to filter the blown air, so any specs and junk that are in the canister end up blown onto your car at a very powerful rate. I'm guessing the 500 is similar since it doesn't state there is a filter. I ended up getting a side kick and love it. Really easy to use around the car, and the warm air does seem to speed up drying. Filtered is a huge bonus.

I used the Vac n Blo for a long time, but am thrilled with the dedicated car dryer.

Annette

I've had the Metro Jumbo Vac n Blo for about 3 years and love it for vacuuming my car and blowing out the garage. I don't love it for drying my car, though. It doesn't have a way to filter the blown air, so any specs and junk that are in the canister end up blown onto your car at a very powerful rate. I'm guessing the 500 is similar since it doesn't state there is a filter. I ended up getting a side kick and love it. Really easy to use around the car, and the warm air does seem to speed up drying. Filtered is a huge bonus.

I used the Vac n Blo for a long time, but am thrilled with the dedicated car dryer.

Annette

The vac and Blo is better as a vac then a blower...reason stated above. I have the Sidekick, I use it for blowing the dust in my interior before detailing and to dry. If you had to get one, your better off with the sidekick.

I've used to both ways. The Vac side is awesome. I'll put it right there with my Dyson. As a blower it's so-so, to me. I'm used to my leaf blower though. If you use it as blower I recommend that put a clean filter in it when using it as a blower. I have one filter dedicated for blowing. That way it will minimize the risk of dirt blowing on to the paint.

I also recommend if it's the same hose, that you turn on the unit to blow, and bang the hose on the ground to exhaust any dirt stuck to the inside of the hose... My filter queen blows and sucks and the only issue with blowing is the dust in the hose.

This is why I only use it to blow out the balast tanks on our wake boat. I still bang the hose until I see clean air though.

Chris

Archived