Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tornado Outbreak!

fdresq4

I discovered a house that is 1/2 from me is gone all you see is the top of the basement foundation.

That is so sad.

We only had the high winds and tornado watches for many hours.

I hope everyone stays safe and can also find the means to help their neighbors. :thumbsup:

Spring weather is crazy. :willy:

I drove thru all the storm damage before going home this evening. It is so hard to believe something like that can do so much damage very quickly. I am just so thankful that my family is safe.

I plan on helping out this weekend with all the cleanup that will need to be done.

So everyone pray for the families that are going thru this time in their life due to loss of home, family, friend, etc. Also pray for the Police, Firemen, EMS Workers, Utility Workmen, and Disaster Relief Workers that will be working in all these areas that have been hit by storms here lately.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Checking in from Huntsville. I live 50 feet from the city line and about 10 miles to the TN state line. Wednesday's storms had us all tuned in and made a Christian out of alot of people. The wife and I monitored the incomming storms with a shower radio, our smart phones(using now) and looking across the cotton fields adjacent to our property. We were a little on edge during all of it. I ventured outside and saw low little tiny clouds of dark grey being sucked from all angles into a vortex what seemed to be over my backyard but in all reality was probably a mile away. Power is still out for over 600,000 of us in N. AL. and isn't expected to be turned on til middle of next week. Today is probably the last day for the remainder of our food before it spoils. Ice, gas and cooking fuels are a hot commodity as are generators. People are over-buying gasoline and ice - hogging it all up before others who wait in 1.5 hour lines can get any. Gluttony and price gouging is alive and well in AL. So much for southern hospitality. Wish I could shine my ride or something. Bored to death and don't have the hand polishing pads. Lol. Anyone else affected by this, we hope you hang in there. Return of our normal life and modern conveniences should return soon.

I had relatives in Hazel Green (lived their for a few months too) and they had to lived with the threat of tornadoes for years. One year their roof on the house was lifted slightly so it was no longer square on the house.

It is tornado alley.

Stay safe.

I had relatives in Hazel Green (lived their for a few months too) and they had to lived with the threat of tornadoes for years. One year their roof on the house was lifted slightly so it was no longer square on the house.

It is tornado alley.

Stay safe.

Today, I was out working and found more areas that were damaged in this storm. We have two chain saw crews coming in tomorrow to start working.

Also, I just read this about the storm:

On the regional level, Alabama was the most devastated state.

Archived