Customer Service 866.965.0400

My detailing experience

First I want to thank everyone on this forum that answered my questions and gave me advice. It was all greatly appreciated

After watching the videos for what seemed like a thousand times and doing several test on my car I finally pulled the car in the garage, set my cart up and got to work. Let me tell you, if you have never done a complete clay to wax detail on your car, be ready to spend a weekend getting it done. Being the first time I've ever done this process (claying, PC polish) on a car I put in 16+ hours so far. I won't lie, I did get frustrated from the get go. After all the testing the micro marring was driving me nuts. So I went to this forum, asked questions, used the advise and took it one panel at a time which worked great for me. The process was really slow at first but taking my time was my plan. Whenever I caught myself going to fast I could hear Junkman in my head telling me to slow down.

The Adams products - AMAZING! (after all my orders wish I had a Adams hat to wear to Shelbyfest this weekend:) ) I was completely surprised on how much product was actually required to get the job done. I hardly put a dent in the SHR and I did several passes with that and the Orange pad. Same for the FMP. Following Junkman's video I used the detail spray and made that stuff go a long way. After this I just put all my "M's" products in the garage sale box.

Once I got over half way done I really started to develop my technique. My passes were nice and slow, overlapping until the product flashed. My car turned out better than I thought it would. I still see some minor marring here and there but nothing major. Waiting for the real test tomorrow to pull it out in the sun. One step I did was really wipe the car down after FMP. I read several threads about cloudy paint after waxing. I notice that the FMP left a haze after wiping it down and you really had to put some elbow grease into it to get all that off. I made several trips around the car to make sure it was clear before the wax.

Thanks again for everyone's help. If your reading this and wondering if Adams products are right for you, I say go for it. I just used the PC 7424XP and Adams products one my car that was my dream car far many many years. Never in my right mind would I have done something that I thought would mess it up. I took my time, watch the videos, searched the forums for questions I had and read tons of threads on this forum before I ever put pad to paint. I spent at least 2 weeks researching before I got started. Here's a pic of the final product, not a great pic but the reflection in the paint is outstanding. Swirls are gone as is the spider webbing. Hoping to turn some heads at the Shelby carshow this weekend.

Nice :D glad to See everything worked out :)

Never thought about doing a wipe after fmp. Just read that it all goes over. I'm going to try it. Used to be worried mine would cloud as well.

What did you mean about the marring, what does it look like?

The first time always takes longer, you get better with practice :thumbsup:

You will probably find that the spring detail will take the longest, going forward, with just maintaining throughout the summer and fall.

As promised I pulled the car out into the sun today. Have to say my frustration level went back up. As you can see the car looks great outside but in direct sunlight the micro marring is still there. Car looks good under the lights but the sun is killing me. The spider webbing is all gone but I can't understand the micro marring. I noticed it with the Orange pad and SHR. After the 2nd pass the major swirls would be gone but these micro ones would show up. I would work the area another 2 pass with then an additional light pass, all on 5000 then start with FMP and White pad. I just can't seem to get them out. I'm using the Adams micro fiber towels to wipe the car down.

Micromarring from the orange pad with SHR or SSR is normal. You just need to do more passes or fix your technique with FMP. FMP passes and the white pad will take that out. Hang in there..like everyone said, first time is the toughest. Your technique won't be spot on first or even second try. Hell I've done a whole bunch of cars and I don't think my technique is close to Junk, Adams or Dylans level.

BTW..sweetness on the black stang! I love it. Although if you bought a different color you'd think your detailing duties were done. That micro marring stands out on our black cars for sure..like everything else.

Micromarring from the orange pad with SHR or SSR is normal. You just need to do more passes or fix your technique with FMP. FMP passes and the white pad will take that out. Hang in there..like everyone said, first time is the toughest. Your technique won't be spot on first or even second try. Hell I've done a whole bunch of cars and I don't think my technique is close to Junk, Adams or Dylans level.

BTW..sweetness on the black stang! I love it. Although if you bought a different color you'd think your detailing duties were done. That micro marring stands out on our black cars for sure..like everything else.

Thanks. Found that car on ebay, drove down to Dallas to get it. Have not seen another like it. Only 85 Black without stipes.

I took a break and came back later today and pulled out the FMP and White pad. I cranked the PC up to 6 and made 2 complete passes on each section. The micro marring started to come out. Looks better in the sun, not 100% but getting there. I did run it up to get gas and getting lot of looks. It really is night and day after I did this.

Thanks Bill. I hit it with the FMP and WHite pad and seemed to make a difference. not 100% yet but good enough for tomorrows carshow.

Throw a coat of Glaze on there to hide what you didn't get out yet :D

Nice :D glad to See everything worked out :)

Never thought about doing a wipe after fmp. Just read that it all goes over. I'm going to try it. Used to be worried mine would cloud as well.

What did you mean about the marring, what does it look like?

Check my post with pics from earlier today. Micro marring looks like micro swirls made by the Orange pad and SHR. They justg seem harder to get out than the original swirls.

Quit trying to make him lazy Bill! :lolsmack:

I like his work ethic! :2thumbs:

He's still learning and he ran out of time, he has a car show to go to this weekend, his paint is going to look better than 90% of the cars there now and next time it will look better than all of them :D:D:D:D

Archived