Customer Service 866.965.0400

Recommendations for these swirls (pics inside)

Captain McFunk

Question

Hey guys, i've got some pretty good swirl marks in my paint, pics are below. It's a 2010 Camaro. I was curious as to what I should start with with my PC?

I was thinking SHR on orange, 2-5 passes, then if I see good results move on to the FMP on white. Are these swirls even near needing SSHR with green? I'm not familiar with what would require the use of SSHR? I see most people just use the SHR, so I think that'd be a good thing to post if you can Dylan.

edit: Ignore all the white dots, it's BAD pollen season in Arkansas right now.

before6.jpg

before5.jpg

before4.jpg

before3.jpg

before2.jpg

before1.jpg

Thanks,

Adam

17 answers to this question

:iagree: I would hit the more damaged areas with SSHR and the not so bad areas with SHR

Captain - whatever you do, dont use SSHR on your new Camaro unless its absolutely necessary...use SHR and if after several passes you still arent seeing improvement, then step up to SSHR...

Starting with SSHR on a new black Camaro is absolutely insane..

Is the clear just hard on the new camaros or what? It seems like it's pretty soft as EVERY FREAKIN THING puts a mark in this cars paint. Anyways, i'm going to get my pads soon, and then i'll be jumping in and getting this done before the state-wide car show in May :)

I had the same problem Adam. Trust me its a pain to get some of these out. The pillars are the worse and so are the bumpers. Looks like you are on the right track though. Just take it slow and don't rush it rush the PC. Good luck and don't cuss at it to much because once you get it looking good. You'll see every imperfection in the paint after that lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well that's certainly what I was thinking. I mean, i feel like after watching videos people have put up, SSHR would be fore some SEVERE swirls, like this:

25399_423452627064_23421922064_4951665_947085_n.jpg

I think i'm going to give SHR/orange a shot first to see what come sup after a few passes. I seriously don't think these swirls are THAT bad to pull out SSHR. Especially on black. Does SSHR have a gritty consistency that causes the finish to look dull or something?

Its definitely a more aggressive compound meant to address very neglected finishes or stubborn clear coats...the only time I used it on my car was for the front and rear bumpers because they are plastic and the clear coat on them doesnt respond to treatment as well. As far as your main panels, those swirls arent anywhere close to needing the most aggressive approach..

Captain - whatever you do, dont use SSHR on your new Camaro unless its absolutely necessary...use SHR and if after several passes you still arent seeing improvement, then step up to SSHR...

Starting with SSHR on a new black Camaro is absolutely insane..

Well that's certainly what I was thinking. I mean, i feel like after watching videos people have put up, SSHR would be fore some SEVERE swirls, like this:

25399_423452627064_23421922064_4951665_947085_n.jpg

I think i'm going to give SHR/orange a shot first to see what come sup after a few passes. I seriously don't think these swirls are THAT bad to pull out SSHR. Especially on black. Does SSHR have a gritty consistency that causes the finish to look dull or something?

Less aggressive first is always a good thought. Those look to be SHR for the most part, but ya never know what you could accomplish with FMP first. If you can't knock them all out with just FMP, then step it up to SHR, then back to FMP to finish it up.

Archived