Customer Service 866.965.0400

First Full Camaro detail

"Holy crap, it worked...."

That was the first thing out of my mouth when I wiped off my fmp. Just wanted to share my excitement :D

Not nearly done yet. Almost finished my front. Then moving onto the rest.

UPDATE: Done!! Added pics. I don't have a house to do this at. I'm working for my masters in school. So I always have to find a place to wash my car. I brought food, water and everything I needed to detail the car for a total of 11 hours.

I started with waterless wash and wiped the entire car. This took about 2 hours. Once that was done, I clayed the car and started the SHR process with the PC. I followed with FMP. I didn't see a difference. So I did it again, but this time increased the speed to half way between 5 and 6 (instead of 5). Then I went real slow. I wiped my FMP off and I could see a difference!!! There's still minor minor swirls when the suns right on it. But definitely an improvement!

Man, let me just say that my hands were not built for the PC. Changing the speed from 5 to 6 made a giant difference in handling. I'm a electronic guy and make music for fun on the keyboard/piano/guiter. My hands are extremely soft. Right now they're all caliced up and extremely dried up. Whew. I found out that its easier to use the PC with one hand on the top and one hand on the bottom (instead of one hand on the black side handle and one on the bottom). It's easier to hold that way.

I did SHR, FMP, BG, and Ended with Buttery by hand. I like it very much but definitely do not have the time to do this that often. I'm hoping it stays like this. I don't have a garage, but I do have covered parking. The only thing that really gets on my car is grass when the mowers mow and dirt when I run over ugly water.

Pics: (I manage...)

If it wasn't about to rain and there was more sun outside, it would look at lot better and shinier. I'll see if I can get more pics when it sunny assuming it doesn't dirty up by then.

My Food. Grilled Hotdogs, Protein Shake, 3 waters.

img0348gl.jpg

My Shirt after using the PC.. Shouldn't have worn a nice black shirt.

img0352xe.jpg

My windshield. The most annoying part of PC'ing. I probably didn't use enough DS? Took about an hour or two to clean all the deposits up.

img0355qi.jpg

Front is Done. Actually less swirls.

img0357ue.jpg

Side 1

img0361y.jpg

Side 2

img0364fq.jpg

Rear

img0365o.jpg

Rear Back

img0371dm.jpg

Close Shot

img0375v.jpg

Front Shot

img0377nr.jpg

Side Shot - Car On

img0381ms.jpg

Front Shot 2 - Car On

img0389h.jpg

Close Up Shot of Front

imag0014tm.jpg

"Holy ****, it worked...."

Excuse the language. That was the first thing out of my mouth when I wiped off my fmp. Just wanted to share my excitement :D

Not nearly done yet. Almost finished my front. Then moving onto the rest.

So far...

Hour 2: (Front done)

a6cd0d5a-3564-046a.jpg

Is that towel just siting on the ground? If it is I'd be careful with it... Wouldn't want to grind any dirt into your paint and ruin all your hard work. :o

lol Thanks :D

Yeah it's already dirtied. I used that to wipe the bottom of my car. I have 4 other micro towels. The lawn guys seemed like their entire bag was emptied and stuck on the bottom of my car. Took forever to get it off. Anything on the ground I dont use anymore. Im real OCD and keep my clean towels in my trunk

Back to work :)

lol Thanks :D

Yeah it's already dirtied. I used that to wipe the bottom of my car. I have 4 other micro towels. The lawn guys seemed like their entire bag was emptied and stuck on the bottom of my car. Took forever to get it off. Anything on the ground I dont use anymore. Im real OCD and keep my clean towels in my trunk

Back to work :)

I don't even put my dirty towels on the ground, but maybe that's just me. Even if it's as simple as throwing it in a plastic grocery bag or something before putting them on the ground, it helps keep from introducing any potential grit that the washer may not get completely out later. Looking forward to the results on the car though. I know from experience how hard it is to show a difference in white with pictures, but I'm sure your Camaro will look amazing in person. :glasses:

The more you use that FMP, the more you will like it. It refines the finish, and IT gives you the shine that you are going to protect with Buttery, MSW, or Americana. The shine after FMP and before waxing is what you will see! The FMP is what really cleans up the finish and gives you those really sharp really clear reflections (no halos or hazy reflections) off the finish.

Looking really sharp. As for the towel part, I never let them touch the ground, when I accidently dropping my double soft on the ground halfway through waxing a friend's car I threw the biggest fit he'd ever seen lol. His reply was: " dude it isn't that big of a deal ".

Dehydrated badly. Waiting for buttery wax to set then removing. Then just have to fine detail the leftover product deposits, clean class, tires, and vinyl. Then done. I'll save interior for tomorrow

Ive exhausted all my mf towels. Should I rinse off the buttery with my great blue drying towel and detail spray? Should I only use a little ds or does it not matter.

Dehydrated badly. Waiting for buttery wax to set then removing. Then just have to fine detail the leftover product deposits, clean class, tires, and vinyl. Then done. I'll save interior for tomorrow

Ive exhausted all my mf towels. Should I rinse off the buttery with my great blue drying towel and detail spray? Should I only use a little ds or does it not matter.

No DS needed for wiping off BW.

Sigh... hungry, thirsty, dirty. Time to relax.

Updated first post with pics and details.

New ending Question: What should I do from now on now? Does the polish/wax come off every time I wash my car now, so I have to now add that in my wash process? Should I do anything differently from a normal 2 bucket wash?

Oh yeah, about the towel thing. Yeah, it's really hard to get under my car so I drop them a lot. I used to get annoyed but am used to it now. Just make sure I shake it out a lot and make sure I wash it thoroughly. I usually only use a certain towel when I'm doing the bottoms. And yes, I REALLY need a Detail Cart or Bag to hold all my stuff. I wish I had a garage.

Sigh... hungry, thirsty, dirty. Time to relax.

Updated first post with pics and details.

New ending Question: What should I do from now on now? Does the polish/wax come off every time I wash my car now, so I have to now add that in my wash process? Should I do anything differently from a normal 2 bucket wash?

Oh yeah, about the towel thing. Yeah, it's really hard to get under my car so I drop them a lot. I used to get annoyed but am used to it now. Just make sure I shake it out a lot and make sure I wash it thoroughly. I usually only use a certain towel when I'm doing the bottoms. And yes, I REALLY need a Detail Cart or Bag to hold all my stuff. I wish I had a garage.

No, it's not part of the wash process. PC'ing the car should only be done a few times a year. TOo much will kill the clear coat on the car. Continue your wash process and you can use BG/Americana each time if you want. Refer to Junkman's tips if you arent sure about some things. Also make sure you reclay it at least once every month. You will need to rewax it after you clay though.

No, it's not part of the wash process. PC'ing the car should only be done a few times a year. TOo much will kill the clear coat on the car. Continue your wash process and you can use BG/Americana each time if you want. Refer to Junkman's tips if you arent sure about some things. Also make sure you reclay it at least once every month. You will need to rewax it after you clay though.

I dont know about claying once a month, that's unnecessary in my opinion...Adam recommends claying about as often as you change your oil :thumbsup:

You don't need to clay once a month, a couple times a year is good in normal conditions.

As far as how often to wax it depends on which wax you used and how often you wash.

Which wax did you use and how often do you plan to wash ? Is the vehicle garaged ? And where do you live. If you live down south and your car sits in the sun and heat all day it will cut down on the life of the wax.

MSW is the longest lasting and can stand up to many washes, Americana is long lasting and can stand up to more than a few washes. Buttery wax will last through a couple washes.

As far as polishing, you only do that when you need to do it. If you wash properly you won't have to polish as much :thumbsup:

thanks :) I try to wash once every other week. If I get annoyed by how it looks (OCD) I waterless wash it. It's not garaged, its a DD. It stays under a covered parking area.

glad the way it came out. hopefully there's sun tomorrow so i can see how much i've missed xD.

Archived