Customer Service 866.965.0400

Am I screwing up my rims

BIGSWOLE

Question

I have 2010 Camaro SS with stock wheels.I'm pretty sure they're describe as polished aluminum.Before I received my Adams supplies I would just wash with car wash soap and that would be it. Lately I have been using all purpose cleaner mixed with bottled water,50/50.Iv'e been hearing varying opinions on the subject.Either they don't have clear and what I'm doing is fine or they were sprayed with clear and I need to put a layer of wax on them.Any advice from a fellow camaro owner or experienced detailer would be great.

6 answers to this question

Your stock wheels are clear coated... no ifs ands or butts about it. Unless you've invested in a set of aftermarket wheels you're dealing with coated/painted aluminum. Regardless of the surface you should wax or seal your wheels regularly. They need protection just like any other surface of the car to prevent damage.

Post up some pics of your car!:2thumbs:

If you look up the thread, "first Adams treatment on SS", you'll be able to see a few. Those are my most recent pictures and for some reason it won't let me upload it to two different threads.

Archived