Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help Me Lift Brake Dust from Tires

GLBL WMR

Question

I've got some stubborn brake dust that I can't seem to get off of my front tires - it leaves them with a reddish tint. I tried a 50/50 APC/water mix with a tire brush with little success. Is the Green Wheel Cleaner better suited for this? Any other tips?

8 answers to this question

Some other brands of tire dressing will suck up so much dirt that they will turn the tires a reddish brown. APC full strength and a real stiff brush will usually get most of it off but it will take a few tries. After you get that off apply SVRT 3 or 4 times, the first couple applications will probably just soak right in.

As C6Bill said, a stiff brush for the rubber.

For my tires I have an OXO Good Grips tire scrub brush (no longer manufactured unfortunately) but it has super stiff nylon bristles and can get all the dirt out of the crevices and grooves on the tire, as well as foam up the APC nicely.

Due to the fact that the Adams fender and tire brush has flocked bristles, it might not be rough enough to clean stubborn dirt from the tires. The carpet scrub brush may be a better choice for really bad tires, although it would be too big for low profile tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse any grammatical errors

Archived