Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clay Marring

musclejunkie

Question

20 answers to this question

Like mentioned above, Use more lube and once you break out the poilisher it will all disappear

I agree..

but I never knew it was called poilishing in Canucksville.. learning new things every day eh :jester:

I don't know, Dictionary.com might disagree :jester:

Ca·nuck pron.jpg (kschwa.gif-nubreve.gifkprime.gif) KEY

NOUN:

Often Offensive Slang <dl><dd> A Canadian, especially a French Canadian.</dd></dl><hr size="0" width="100%" align="left">ETYMOLOGY:

Probably alteration of Canadian

I agree..

but I never knew it was called poilishing in Canucksville.. learning new things every day eh :jester:

Careful with the ethnic slurrs.....the slur police are watching!;)

Brought to you by a kinder, gentler junkie.:D

I haven't used the Adam's clay yet, just getting ready to do the first detail on my new Mustang. The other clay I used on my other car went well with only some marring on one fender area. It was a pain to get off though. I don't apply much pressure either and I let the clay do the work applying liberal DS as I go. Does the clay break down after a while? Is this what causes the marring? I think the marring is actually clay residue is it not?

No, the marring is actually very fine scratches left behind. Using more DS helps, but doesn't always eliminate them.

Chris

I haven't used the Adam's clay yet, just getting ready to do the first detail on my new Mustang. The other clay I used on my other car went well with only some marring on one fender area. It was a pain to get off though. I don't apply much pressure either and I let the clay do the work applying liberal DS as I go. Does the clay break down after a while? Is this what causes the marring? I think the marring is actually clay residue is it not?

the FMP will remove the marring and light swirls..it may take a few passes though. just do a pass on a test area, wipe and check the results, and repeat if necessary. if after 2-3 passes you see no significant improvement, step up to SHR..

Marring is to be expected when claying, you should never clay unless you plan to polish.

I plan on doing a full detail after the clay. When I've clayed in the past, doing a detail by hand, it was a pain to remove some of the marring. This time I plan on doing a PC detail, but would not like to have to pull out the SHR unless I have to.

Archived