Customer Service 866.965.0400

How The Junkman Avoids Hard Water Spots - The Videos!

Junkman2008

Question

Hey boys and girls, a question that I get a lot is how to deal with hard water spots. If you ask anyone from detailers to your knowledgeable average Joe, you will get a slew of answers. Some folks have to get extremely aggressive with them, while other don't have to do that much at all to rid their paint of them. Because the answers vary so widely, I have decided to share my mindset. For me, prevention is the key. It's the same with another issue I get asked about, wax build up on the rubber trim. If you don't get wax on the rubber trim OR, you immediately address any wax or polish on your rubber trim, dealing with it is a cake walk. After watching these videos, you will see exactly what I'm talking about.

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." These are words to live by with a lot of situations and when it comes to detailing, these words ring so true. Thus, keep that in mind as you watch these videos. You will see how true this is.

One thing to note. I allowed my car to stay filthy for a week just for this video series. By driving the car in that condition and touching the paint, I created some micro-swirls in the paint. Now they are so minor that they will easily buff out, even by hand with some Fine Machine Polish but this just shows you how damage can slowly make it's way into your paint if dirt isn't addressed immediately. This is why I wash my car 2-3 times a week during the summer when I am driving it often. I look at dirt sitting on my paint like brand new razor blades standing up all over my skin. It doesn't take much movement for one of those blades to start cutting. Dirt laying on your finish long enough will do the same thing if you disturb it. That's also why proper washing is so important.

Okay, on to the videos! :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgBJG_loTlQ&feature=channel_video_title]Avoiding Water Spots - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUa_jGC7a7c&feature=channel_video_title]Avoiding Water Spots - Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

The Junkman

Edited by Junkman2008

• Answers 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Aj,

Got my car finished. Probably not

Junkman perfect but looks good.

I got a question. The b- pillar on one

Side is scratched. I tried white pad and

Polish. I tried white pad with shr with

No luck. What can I do to a b- pillar to

Get these out?

That totally depends on how deep the scratch is. If your fingernail catches on it, forget about it. You are not going to be able to remove it. If the scratch is not that deep, then I ask you what is the pillar covered with? Is it painted? If not, you will need to replace it. Especially if it is colored plastic.

Used to live across the street from someone who was a VP with Verizon. Apparently, at least in Tampa area, Verizon had to negotiate with the county for the rights for FIOS due to the cable/TV side of things. Some counties are very difficult or make demands that make it not cost effective to enter the market.

Hope they can work it out in your area. It is the best internet and TV service I have ever had.

:cheers:

As always AJ great job on the video!!!

Brian: I had a 1969 Firebird. Redish and orangish color. It was also a 350 but had six speed manual tranny. Speed-o said 160 mph and it would do exactly that except it started drifting, taking up both lanes of a two lane highway. Blew a left rear tire on it doing 110 mph. Either I had enough beer in me to relax me enough or God was on my side. I prefer to think the latter.

The reason I got rid of it was due to racing a Shelby GT 500. Couldn't pass him but could stay on his bumper. Heard this terrible BLAM - looked in the mirror and there was a piston bounching on the pavement.

I blew one right through the oil pan and the other came out the left side of the block. It was still under warranty but they put a short block in it. After that it was a complete dog, eating up trannies, etc. So I traded it in for (gulp) a 1965 Datsun station wagon I was going to trick out.

I have been and will contine to look for a 69 bird again. Don't really care if it's not perfect cuz my son-in-law and I will be re-building the engine, tranny, rear end, etc and then paint it the OEM color. So if you hear about one being for sale, please let me know. I'll have a car moving company load 'er up and deliver it right to my shop door.

I dont know if I could live without my 13.5mbits down/8Mbits up.

I use "Charter" for my server. Paying $89.50 monthly. 100 download and if I remember correctly I think the upload is 40 - not that sure about it though.

Remember the good 'ol days of using dialing - call a number and hope ya got connected. Start downloading a movie around noon. Go to bed, wake up and see at 1:30 A.M. - give or take a few hours, it stopped downloading. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.:mad: