Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine Super Wax... by hand?

TCorzett

Question

My father is looking to put a wax/sealer on his daily driver (Toyota Highlander in a metallic greenish color). I'm very hesitant to send him to an "over the counter" product, especially when I have a bunch of Adam's products just begging to be used. He is not looking for perfection, just a level of protection.

Ideally, I would do a full detail on the car (wash, clay, machine polish, MSW, BG, Americana)... but I'm not around to do it, and it's way more work than he wants to put into it.

I was wondering... can the Machine Super Wax be applied by hand? I figure MSW would be the best protection for the vehicle, but I know he doesn't want to use the PC. I think the next option would be just doing a coat of Americana to "hold him over" until I can use the PC with the MSW. And the last resort would be to send him to an "over the counter" product, but I don't think I could ever do that to my Father!

What are people's thoughts? :help:

-Todd...

12 answers to this question

Two coats of Americana are basically the same protection as one coat of MSW.

You CAN put it on by hand, but it's a real bear to remove. MSW likes to be put on VERY thin which is VERY hard to do by hand.

Chris

Like mentioned above MSW simply becomes so much work to apply by hand and see a good result that we strongly discourage it. Uneven application can lead to a blotchy looking finish due to how substantial the product is. On white or silver you MAY be able to get away with it, although it would still be a real pain to do, on black or blue you would definitely see the 'unevenness' of it.

Buttery Wax is your dad's friend.

Easy on Easy off

:iagree:

If he want to put minimal effort into it that's what I'd recommend. It won't last as long but it is really really easy on/off.

Thanks for the help! Sounds like I'll direct him to the Americana and then when I'm available to break-out the PC and put on a coat of MSW.

-Todd...

Just remember, you have to strip the Americana off and apply MSW to bare paint for optimal longevity. :thumbsup:

If he want to put minimal effort into it that's what I'd recommend. It won't last as long but it is really really easy on/off.

He was going to do an "old fashion" (over the counter) paste wax, so I don't think Americana will be too difficult for him. I just know he's not going to want to use the PC :pc:

Just remember, you have to strip the Americana off and apply MSW to bare paint for optimal longevity. :thumbsup:

Yup! If MSW is going on that car, it's not going to be until after I do the full Adam's treatment!

-Todd...

He was going to do an "old fashion" (over the counter) paste wax, so I don't think Americana will be too difficult for him. I just know he's not going to want to use the PC :pc:

Yup! If MSW is going on that car, it's not going to be until after I do the full Adam's treatment!

-Todd...

Something he should know though is to do 2 panels and then remove. DO NOT do the whole car and then remove. He'll HATE Americana... :(:thumbsup:

Something he should know though is to do 2 panels and then remove. DO NOT do the whole car and then remove. He'll HATE Americana... :(:thumbsup:

I've already pointed him to the Adam's how-to videos. I'll walk him through the process (via phone) before he starts anything. He's just trying to plan what to do at this point... he asked me about what products to use... and I couldn't send him to an "over the counter" product.

-Todd...

Archived