Customer Service 866.965.0400

2011 MK6 VW Jetta TDI

About 3 weeks ago I ended up trading in my gas chugging Tacoma for a more fuel efficient project. I ended up getting a 2011 VW Jetta TDI 6-speed. I bought it just hours after it got off the truck. The paint was completely untouched with no swirl marks. They had just unwrapped the plastic on it when I test drove it and the weather was bad so no dealer detail. Swag! I would have liked to have detailed it sooner, but have been busy and the weather wasn't cooperating. So here's the first detail. Adam's Car Wash, Green Wheel Cleaner and APC for the bugs/tires/wheel wells. Clay Bar, then Revive, Brilliant Glaze and Buttery Wax. Wheels got Brilliant Glaze and Buttery Wax. Tires and trim got Super VRT. Interior got a full Leather & Interior Cleaner and Leather Conditioner on the seats, armrests, shift boot, e-Brake handle & steering wheel. Glass Cleaner on all windows.

Not a lot of work needed on the engine bay:

DSC00212.JPG

Before:

DSC00213.JPG

DSC00214.JPG

DSC00215.JPG

After:

DSC00231.JPG

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00222.JPG

Clean details...

DSC00218.JPG

Detailing Fuel:

DSC00216.JPG

DSC00223.JPG

DSC00220.JPG

DSC00224.JPG

DSC00226.JPG

Conditioned shift boot:

DSC00229.JPG

DSC00232.JPG

DSC00233.JPG

DSC00234.JPG

DSC00235.JPG

DSC00236.JPG

DSC00237.JPG

DSC00238.JPG

DSC00239.JPG

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00241.JPG

DSC00242.JPG

DSC00243.JPG

my brother is looking into getting one for his first car, from all the reviews ive read they arnt loving the VW much for tanking the quality and products used in the car.

So far, how are you feeling about the build quality and materials? My bro keeps asking me to go take a look at one but i cant ever find the time to take him. He's already "turning" away from it because of the reviews...I would like to show him a real person's "review" though.Personally, i like the look of them alot better then the old one's, more manly/audi-ish on the outside then chicks car looking of the old version IMHO

my brother is looking into getting one for his first car, from all the reviews ive read they arnt loving the VW much for tanking the quality and products used in the car.

So far, how are you feeling about the build quality and materials? My bro keeps asking me to go take a look at one but i cant ever find the time to take him. He's already "turning" away from it because of the reviews...I would like to show him a real person's "review" though.Personally, i like the look of them alot better then the old one's, more manly/audi-ish on the outside then chicks car looking of the old version IMHO

I really like it. My little brother totaled his car a few weeks ago and was looking at the Jetta TDI SportWagen. Since I was helping him with the car buying, I got to looking at the sedan while in the showroom. I looked into getting a Jetta TDI back in 2004 and after sitting in it, I wanted nothing to do with it. It felt really cheap and everything was awkward feeling. That's what shocked me when I saw the new Jetta TDI interiors. It has a ton more features and comforts than they did in 2004. Most of the reviews I've read have bashed it for having hard plastic door panels on the interior. My Tacoma had extremely soft door panels that got scratched very easily. Now, with that said, I have 2 Boston Terriers. The passenger door of my truck was horribly scratched. They haven't done anything to these door panels. That was one "plus" I noted when I was looking at them. As for quality, the build quality feels better than all the Chevy, Ford and Toyota vehicles I've had in the past. The controls feel more solid and easier to use than the Toyota. When you shut the doors, it's a more solid closing sound. It's hard to describe, but in my experience with Chevy trucks, Fords and Toyota cars and trucks, the doors all sound the same...it's loud and noisy when you shut them. When these doors shut, it's almost a muffled, solid sound. I've only heard a similar door on my buddy's BMW and another friends Corvette. I really like the rest of the interior, there are lots of subtle touches that really make it comfortable. The car rides really well and is a blast to drive. I'll also say the TDI gets more MPG than the EPA estimates. They give it 40 on the highway. I averaged 46 MPG bringing it home from the dealership and that was sitting in Dallas rush hour traffic for an hour. They say it gets even better after it's broken in. I get about 38 MPG around town and I'm not babying the throttle at all. Right now I've gone 400 miles on this tank and have 1/4 tank left. That would have been almost 2 full tanks in the Taco. LMAO! I've got a lot planned for this one already.

thanks man, thats what i figured...cant really trust the review people, need real world experience. I hear you on the quality, Ive never cared for toyota everything seemed cheap, fords are well....fords:D and GM is absolute garbage.

I think i might take him over to the VW dealership and tommorow afternoon and take a look at one. He really wanted a KIA Optoma but they dont make the blue he wanted in stick so he's looking elsewhere in his price range. Im a sucker for 3 Pedal Audi/VW, nothing beats them:2thumbs: and hes learned on my Mini:help: so he now knows what a quality 3pedal car is like....albeit he'll fall in love with the VW....

BTW: Looks great tinted! 5%?, im leaning more towards 15 though:lolsmack:

I like the direction you're going with on the mods. I love my 2010 TDI... And yes, the mileage is better than rated. I can easily get 50mpg on the highway at 65 mph. In town I get more like 33, but most of my in town trips are too short to get it warned up and running efficiently.

My initial reaction to the mk6 interior is tha it seems harsh, too, but I guess when you live with car for a while you get a better idea of how it works and feels. And heck, who I'm I to really judge -- my oher car is a corvette, which pretty much sets the standard for fisher-price plastic interiors. :lolsmack:

Cool! How are their diesels - are they slow?

Not what he has planned with it! He's gonna retrofit some SuperDuty or HD Smoke Stacks! :rockon:

Zeb, remember the brake caliper convo? Look at the color of the I on your mats...:thumbsup: instead.

GNAR

The 0-60 rated time for mine is 8.2, and top speed is governed at 130. I once had mine up to 116 and it felt like it had lots more to give.

The real beauty of these things is the torque. they're not neck-snapping fast, but on the highway they just pull and pull without drama or a need to downshift... It's so cool how they just roll. You know that sensation you get when you're swimming in the ocean a wave picks you up and pushes you forward? it's like that... You may not be going super fast, but you feel a LOT of power behind you.

It's not the fastest car I've driven, but it's definitely not the slowest. Coming from a Tacoma V6 PreRunner, it feels about the same. But with the wheels and tires I had on the Tacoma, it actually feels like it's got a lot more pep. These have a ton of torque and I never feel a lack of power. From what I've researched on them, you can chip it and really boost the performance of the TDI engine.

Not what he has planned with it! He's gonna retrofit some SuperDuty or HD Smoke Stacks! :rockon:

Zeb, remember the brake caliper convo? Look at the color of the I on your mats...:thumbsup: instead.

GNAR

LMFAO! You and Dylan need to get off the stacks. I was actually looking at some blue in that color.

The 0-60 rated time for mine is 8.2, and top speed is governed at 130. I once had mine up to 116 and it felt like it had lots more to give.

The real beauty of these things is the torque. they're not neck-snapping fast, but on the highway they just pull and pull without drama or a need to downshift... It's so cool how they just roll. You know that sensation you get when you're swimming in the ocean a wave picks you up and pushes you forward? it's like that... You may not be going super fast, but you feel a LOT of power behind you.

Exactly.

Archived