Customer Service 866.965.0400

Few question from a noob.

Comment

Question

I've really been getting into detailing lately, and I had a few questions before I start detailing family cars.

1. Are you supposed to wax wheels, or just 'dress' them?

2. If you clay, do you have to polish, or can you just glaze and wax? Also vice versa. In order to polish, do you have to clay it first?

3.The Flex Polisher is nice and all, but the PC seems like it can do everything + more (severe swirl removal), so why even buy the flex polisher?

4. As for washing the engine bay, in the videos he says "watch out for electricals", would it be safer to just forget water entirely and spray the Waterless Wash, followed by the All Purpose Cleaner?

Lots of questions, so THANKS FOR READING.

6 answers to this question

I've really been getting into detailing lately, and I had a few questions before I start detailing family cars.

1. Are you supposed to wax wheels, or just 'dress' them?

It is a good idea to wax the wheels for protection and ease of cleaning- you can even clay them, prior to waxing. You 'dress' the tires

2. If you clay, do you have to polish, or can you just glaze and wax? Also vice versa. In order to polish, do you have to clay it first?

You do not have to polish after you clay if done properly and the paint is not marred by improper claying, you can go to wax. I guess you don't HAVE to clay before you polish, but for best results it's highly recommended. It is possible that it doesn't even need claying- do the baggie test

3.The Flex Polisher is nice and all, but the PC seems like it can do everything + more (severe swirl removal), so why even buy the flex polisher?

The Flex offers more power which in turn can result in quicker corrections with the right technique

4. As for washing the engine bay, in the videos he says "watch out for electricals", would it be safer to just forget water entirely and spray the Waterless Wash, followed by the All Purpose Cleaner?

Not sure- I would probably go with the APC first then the WCW

Lots of questions, so THANKS FOR READING.

Hope this helps, I'm sure others will chime in

BTW:welcomebanner: Lots of great info, people, and a great line of products here

This is backwards. The Flex is more powerful, but both can use SSR and green pads. By having more power the Flex can do corrections faster, but is not recommended for applying sealants (Machine Super Wax). If you have not used a machine polisher before, get the PC. It can do everything the Flex can do and more, but it is a little slower.

I have a high speed rotary, being using it for years, it has been good to me but now find myself just using the PC.

The PC get's me the same results as my rotary, just takes a little longer but with Adam's pads and SHR it get's the job done.

The PC get's 5 stars from me.

Swirls be Gone

Archived