Customer Service 866.965.0400

SHR & FMP hiding defects

LQ9SS

Question

Yesterday I finally got around to polishing the truck, I was really impressed with the results and how well the polishes worked. My question is, do the oils in these products hide some of the defects? I am almost scared to do a IPA wipedown and to find out that they do and then be unhappy with the results.

Thanks!

22 answers to this question

What process did you use for your lights? Both paint and polish?

Thanks bro!

I had them professionally tinted, but he used a candy black and then standard automotive clear. I polished them no different than the paint on the car.

If you have a PC I would use IT to relieve my fear of burning through your clear and into the tint or the light itself. The PC is gentler.:)

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=194671&postcount=19

Chris

Flex!!! Mine are as shiny as my paint.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

What process did you use for your lights? Both paint and polish?

Thanks bro!

Thought about that. I used the VHT Night Shades and some rattle can clear coat. Should I use my Flex or should I do it by hand?

Thanks.

Flex!!! Mine are as shiny as my paint.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

You probably could polish those lights up if you wanted to, like Adam shows when he does headlights.

Thought about that. I used the VHT Night Shades and some rattle can clear coat. Should I use my Flex or should I do it by hand?

Thanks.

Here's a little teaser. I still want to do one more coat of Americana and then I will post some presentable pictures. Also, just ignore the dull finished taillights. I am going to have my buddy who works at a body shop clear them hopefully this week.

P1020069.jpg

BG has fillers, not SHR or FMP! Let us know after wipe down!:2thumbs:

Buttery wax has a little too.

Adams prides themselves on making the paint right... Not just look right.

Fillers degrade quickly and leave you with thrashed paint shortly down the road.

Chris

The oils are just that... They are NOT fillers... Like Bill said.... Wipe her down.

If you corrected it right, there will be no defects left unless to bad to correct.

Archived