Customer Service 866.965.0400

A car wash for $54??

BoCRon

Question

So here is an ad I rec'd today from the local car wash. This is a very fancy place, with a juice/smoothie bar, an internet cafe and a lounge area with flat screen tv and leather seating. They do a booming business, but I only take my husband's truck there, I would never take either of the MINIs. They are offering a detail that is normally $406 for $99. I had to laugh at what they value just the wash at. Does anyone have any idea what Danke Wax is?

Don't pay the $406 it would cost to experience this detail, pay only $99 and get:

Premium Green Car Wash ($54 value)

Up to 2 Scratches Removed ($78 value)

Leather Cleaning & Conditioning ($69 value)

Danke Wax ($69 value)

Carpets Cleaned ($69 value)

Mats Cleaned ($19 value)

Interior Vinyl Treatment ($29 value)

Exterior Vinyl Treatment ($19 value)

No Shipping Fees, No Gift Card Fees

No Expiration

Annette

14 answers to this question

So here is an ad I rec'd today from the local car wash. This is a very fancy place, with a juice/smoothie bar, an internet cafe and a lounge area with flat screen tv and leather seating. They do a booming business, but I only take my husband's truck there, I would never take either of the MINIs. They are offering a detail that is normally $406 for $99. I had to laugh at what they value just the wash at. Does anyone have any idea what Danke Wax is?

Don't pay the $406 it would cost to experience this detail, pay only $99 and get:

Premium Green Car Wash ($54 value)

Up to 2 Scratches Removed ($78 value)Only 2 Scratches for $78 bucks...man I should charge more!

Leather Cleaning & Conditioning ($69 value)

Danke Wax ($69 value)

Carpets Cleaned ($69 value) Really? $88 to clean carpets and mats?

Mats Cleaned ($19 value)

Interior Vinyl Treatment ($29 value)

Exterior Vinyl Treatment ($19 value)

No Shipping Fees, No Gift Card Fees

No Expiration I would hope theres no shipping... The owner did drop the car off, where are you suppose to ship it to? Timbuc2?

Annette

Everything in Red is my comment...plain joke/rip off in my oppinion

Wow, $406.00

For that much money I would, wash the car, clay, SHR, removing all of the scratchers and swirles, FMP followed by a good wax.

Clean and treat leather, clean carpets.

Engine cleaning.

And much more.

What a rip off, sad thing is some get away with it.

First off, they should not have to break the price down as they do, like charging Exterior Vinyl Treatment ($19 value) , should that be a no brainer?

Thanks for the post Annette , interesting

It is a common marketing gimmick - highlight inflated prices and then discount as if you are getting a deal. They are "forever sales".

GENIUS!! The price of Detail Spray will be increasing to $100 p/gallon on Monday... but b/c I like you guys the sales price will $40... thats 60% off!! :jester:

Danke = thanks in German. As in thanks for letting me rob you blind. I think I can do that at the local DIY wash place for about 10 bucks and a touch of product. 2 scratches removed? or is it 2 scratches filled with something?

Amazing.

GENIUS!! The price of Detail Spray will be increasing to $100 p/gallon on Monday... but b/c I like you guys the sales price will $40... thats 60% off!! :jester:

Holy Moses! 60% off? Wow! I'll buy 2 and still have $20 left over, what a steal!:lolsmack:

While the initial save a ton of money is a gimmick that's not a bad price for a wash/wax/couple scratch removals/interior cleaning if you ask me. I just did an interior/exterior of a Prius (yea yea yea) with a few spot scratches removed and it ran him 120$. Of course it probably looked way better than the job these monkeys would do.

While the initial save a ton of money is a gimmick that's not a bad price for a wash/wax/couple scratch removals/interior cleaning if you ask me. I just did an interior/exterior of a Prius (yea yea yea) with a few spot scratches removed and it ran him 120$. Of course it probably looked way better than the job these monkeys would do.

I agree that price doesn't seem unreasonable at all for what your getting. My wash/wax w/ interior package is 160$ for a small car. But that does include shampoo and steam cleaning the interior. But no swirl/scratch removal.

We have vendors that do the same thing. MSRP for this kit is 600 bucks and your cost is 225. We sell them for 300 bucks MAX, which is all the market will allow.

Chris

Archived