Customer Service 866.965.0400

Changed the oil and now..

txredgt

Question

So I changed the oil in the mustang today and its lowered so that doesn't make it the easiest job to begin with. Long story short I spilled a bit on the car and the concrete so I cleaned it up with some engine degreaser. I was AMAZED at how much was caked on the underside of the k member and front end so tmw I am going to jack it up again to hit it and this time get some elbow grease on it too. I am fully aware that water contact should be as little as possible, is there anything to worry about in this area? Also, should I take the undercarriage spray to it afterwards of the APC? I have seen junkmans pics on his but mine is a DD and is much worse, trust me. What I knocked off today is a start, but now that I don't live on a dirt road I want to get it looking better than where it has been the last year. I will snap a pic or two before working and show an after shot too. If only I had a pic before I hit it the 1st time, but I didn't want the oil to soak too long as that's what caused the problems in the 1st place.

9 answers to this question

For degreasing I would lean towards APC. Just don't put it on a hot engine, and rinse it off afterwards. I think it would be spray, wait, agitate with a brush or what have you, rinse it off. Don't know any specifics about the mustang though.

For degreasing I would lean towards APC. Just don't put it on a hot engine, and rinse it off afterwards. I think it would be spray, wait, agitate with a brush or what have you, rinse it off. Don't know any specifics about the mustang though.

Oh yea I am plenty aware not to wash a hot engine. I think I am still going to use the degreaser but I might try apc as well. Its close to a 10 yr old car and I doubt the previous owner cared about it. After I saw how bad it is and what it can be like, its got me in the mood to do it tomorrow.

Well it did a pretty good job. I got a bit impatient and I scrubbed the best I could, but being that the stuff was 10 yrs old it will take another time or two of tackling it. I went ahead and did the engine bay as well and then took an air compressor to make sure the water didn't sit in the plug wells too long (Mustang engines and water in the spark plug wells don't go well AT ALL. I took some In and Out to it afterwards and whenever I can get these pictures off the stupid camera I will get them up on here!

IMG_0179.jpg

That's the best shot I have for now, the others won't be coming off the camera for a while but I went back out and snapped this one. I am still trying to get used to the camera since it has more bells and whistles than I am used to. Hopefully soon for the others :xfingers:

I also realized how blurry it is and this was the best I got haha. Dang I'm not good with this camera... :explode:

I hope you have a gallon of apc! :lol:

take some before and after shots for us

I did take some but they will have to extracted from the camera I appartently don't know how to opperate haha. I will bring this thread back from the dead when I do get the before and afters.

Archived