Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine polish a must after a clay?

daddylonglegs86

Question

Hey guys, its daddylonglegs again...

I don't have the PC yet... I plan on doing a nice "detail" this weekend... I was planning on doing...

Dawn wash/ 2 bucket/ foam gun

Dry

Clay with detail spray

wash/ 2 bucket/ foam gun

Dry

Brilliant Glaze (hand applied)

Americana Wax (hand applied)

I've read that you shouldn't clay without polishing afterwards... So my main question is should I wait to get the PC kit to clay or will I be ok without? Any other suggestions or revisions on my wash process would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daddylonglegs

8 answers to this question

Hey guys, its daddylonglegs again...

I don't have the PC yet... I plan on doing a nice "detail" this weekend... I was planning on doing...

Dawn wash/ 2 bucket/ foam gun

Dry

Clay with detail spray

wash/ 2 bucket/ foam gun

Dry

Brilliant Glaze (hand applied)

Americana Wax (hand applied)

I've read that you shouldn't clay without polishing afterwards... So my main question is should I wait to get the PC kit to clay or will I be ok without? Any other suggestions or revisions on my wash process would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daddylonglegs

You may not have to do the second wash, just use WCW.

And you may need to use Revive Polish before the BG. Because you may get some marring after clay that the RP will clear up.Have fun!:thumbsup:

I'll go with Chris on this one as well. Revive is perfect in this scenario.

Claying will remove any remaining waxes, so as long as your not expecting any swirl elimination, this is a fine process.

- Darryl

id say wait that way you dont wanna think about claying again for a while. Plus like bill said darker color equals more work. My right arm is the size of a gorilla but finally i got my pc today. To bad its p issin all over my truck right now and i dont know anyone with a garage:willy:

Archived