Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Detailing Academy

I find that beating and screaming at people when teaching them this stuff speeds up the learning process. You've been to one of my clinics, huh john? :jester:

Yea, I finally recovered, my hearing aid has arrived and the bruises have healed up so I can go out in public again. :lol::lol::lol:

I am no cork sniffer but the car dealerships around the Triangle here in Nc were hopping up and down to have some source for detailers here. Wake tech took it on and taught a comprehensive program. When finished, youngest had a "project car" that you had to correct and detail in full to prove yourself to said employer prospects-many of them observed a good portion of the project time. Albeit a small class, all had a job waiting from Lexus etc who wanted one.

My project car was a black caddy CTS that was scratched and swirled .....inside was full of "food residue". I could use what I wanted...needless to say I brought my Adam's bag and products to use. The DS was such a hit! Anyway, we did have to prove ourselves under scrutiny, which to me carries weight as far as am I "certified" . The paper is paper. But I know what I went through and if anyone asks, I can say I am able to do it and have been "tested". Nothing speaks for you more than your own vehicle. If it looks like it should, people want the same for their vehicle. I don't do this as a job, but have done some on the side just because I love doing it. When I retire from the hospital, I have something to do for extra income if I wanted. All in all, it was worth doing the courses and I keep on learning from Junkiebabes!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I am no cork sniffer but the car dealerships around the Triangle here in Nc were hopping up and down to have some source for detailers here. Wake tech took it on and taught a comprehensive program. When finished, youngest had a "project car" that you had to correct and detail in full to prove yourself to said employer prospects-many of them observed a good portion of the project time. Albeit a small class, all had a job waiting from Lexus etc who wanted one.

My project car was a black caddy CTS that was scratched and swirled .....inside was full of "food residue". I could use what I wanted...needless to say I brought my Adam's bag and products to use. The DS was such a hit! Anyway, we did have to prove ourselves under scrutiny, which to me carries weight as far as am I "certified" . The paper is paper. But I know what I went through and if anyone asks, I can say I am able to do it and have been "tested". Nothing speaks for you more than your own vehicle. If it looks like it should, people want the same for their vehicle. I don't do this as a job, but have done some on the side just because I love doing it. When I retire from the hospital, I have something to do for extra income if I wanted. All in all, it was worth doing the courses and I keep on learning from Junkiebabes!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:

I like this idea...it could be a stepping stone for many people...around where i live, you need "experience" to get a detailing job...now how are you able to show yourself if all these place require experience? I think if there was a certification class or classes on every aspect of detailing, and how like Sandra Dee said, at the end you restore the finish of a vehicle in front of different employers, that could really be a boost for alot of people that want to get into the detailing company, but can't or don't have the means to start their own business...and i do believe that it would also help Adam's Polishes out, because with people using the products and realizing how great it and the customer service is, they wouldn't think twice about getting more...it'd be a win win situation IMO...plus, alot of people (myself included) would get the chance to meet and be taught by a great team of people that know what they're doing...a certification to some people isn't just a framed piece of paper, but a door to many possibilities

I like this idea...it could be a stepping stone for many people...around where i live, you need "experience" to get a detailing job...now how are you able to show yourself if all these place require experience? I think if there was a certification class or classes on every aspect of detailing, and how like Sandra Dee said, at the end you restore the finish of a vehicle in front of different employers, that could really be a boost for alot of people that want to get into the detailing company, but can't or don't have the means to start their own business...and i do believe that it would also help Adam's Polishes out, because with people using the products and realizing how great it and the customer service is, they wouldn't think twice about getting more...it'd be a win win situation IMO...plus, alot of people (myself included) would get the chance to meet and be taught by a great team of people that know what they're doing...a certification to some people isn't just a framed piece of paper, but a door to many possibilities

:iagree: 100%

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of a hands on course (1-2 days) where a smallish class (10-15) goes through all the steps to detailing. Maybe each person pays 150/day but that $300 total can be used as credit towards detailing products. Seems like a win/win for both parties. Besides I spend 2-300 dollars at the drop of a hat with Adam's anyways :D

• 1 month later...

I am in the Boston area and I would gladly drive/fly for a weekend for a 2 day course (cert or not, I dont care..) to either CO or somewhere slightly closer to do a workshop or clinic or course. Ideally, it would be so that Adam/Junkman or one of their trusted cohort could look over my technique....its all about technique according to the Junkman.....The idea is to have someone who is an experienced detailer and who truly knows what he/she is doing to correct my technique. Also, I would pay a course fee within the boundaries of what others have been quoting (anywhere from $100 to $500) depending on the extent of the course and ALSO the individual attention given. Lastly, I would not be looking at this as a way to break into the detailing biz (although I can see how people who would, would want to have this course under their belt) but rather for my own personal goal of keeping my car as well maintained as possible.

I like the idea of a hands on course (1-2 days) where a smallish class (10-15) goes through all the steps to detailing. Maybe each person pays 150/day but that $300 total can be used as credit towards detailing products. Seems like a win/win for both parties. Besides I spend 2-300 dollars at the drop of a hat with Adam's anyways :D

I am 100% with you on this!!! It might be tough to get them to agree to full credit but def something off a future kit or order would be awesome! Especially for those of us who may have to fly in or drive 10+ plus...

I am in the Boston area and I would gladly drive/fly for a weekend for a 2 day course (cert or not, I dont care..) to either CO or somewhere slightly closer to do a workshop or clinic or course. Ideally, it would be so that Adam/Junkman or one of their trusted cohort could look over my technique....its all about technique according to the Junkman.....The idea is to have someone who is an experienced detailer and who truly knows what he/she is doing to correct my technique. Also, I would pay a course fee within the boundaries of what others have been quoting (anywhere from $100 to $500) depending on the extent of the course and ALSO the individual attention given. Lastly, I would not be looking at this as a way to break into the detailing biz (although I can see how people who would, would want to have this course under their belt) but rather for my own personal goal of keeping my car as well maintained as possible.

I am not sure about all the clinics around the country but the one Adam hosted a month or so in Boulder sounds kinda like what you may have been looking for. Without the charge...only the cost to get here to Colorado.

First he put on a clinic showing exactly how he detailed a car.

Then in at the end, there were several cars and he had some "hands on" time. Many people were out there working on their technique with the PC or whatever they needed help with.

This may not be exactly what you were looking for, but I found it very very helpful.

I am not sure about all the clinics around the country but the one Adam hosted a month or so in Boulder sounds kinda like what you may have been looking for. Without the charge...only the cost to get here to Colorado.

First he put on a clinic showing exactly how he detailed a car.

Then in at the end, there were several cars and he had some "hands on" time. Many people were out there working on their technique with the PC or whatever they needed help with.

This may not be exactly what you were looking for, but I found it very very helpful.

i'll be first inline for the next one! hopefully i wont have to wait too long! Thanks!

Have you tried contacting our local Adam's dealer, Norm ???

He is always doing clinics and shows, I'm sure he can show you what you are looking to see without you having to get on a plane :2thumbs:

...its all about technique according to the Junkman...

Actually, my quote is "technique trumps product every day." Product does have a lot to do with your results but using a great product in a lousy way will give you no results. Using a crappy product correctly will at least make some difference. Using a great product effectively equals "bling city." :2thumbs:

By the way, you could always fly down here or fly me up to you. Just make sure that you stake out all of your local steak houses because you are going to have to feed me. :D:drool:

only profession i look for a certification where someone is doing work for me, is doctors! nearly everything else i can fix myself, or teach myself to fix. when all else fails, destroy whats broken and find a new one!

only profession i look for a certification where someone is doing work for me, is doctors! nearly everything else i can fix myself, or teach myself to fix. when all else fails, destroy whats broken and find a new one!

:iagree:

I hope to be able to attend a Adams clinic in the future, a class setting would be great though put on by Adams personnel and learn the correct way of machine detailing from the start. No unlearning bad habits.

Have you tried contacting our local Adam's dealer, Norm ???

He is always doing clinics and shows, I'm sure he can show you what you are looking to see without you having to get on a plane :2thumbs:

Yes, I keep hearing about Norm. I am def going to connect with him. thanks!

Actually, my quote is "technique trumps product every day." Product does have a lot to do with your results but using a great product in a lousy way will give you no results. Using a crappy product correctly will at least make some difference. Using a great product effectively equals "bling city." :2thumbs:

By the way, you could always fly down here or fly me up to you. Just make sure that you stake out all of your local steak houses because you are going to have to feed me. :D:drool:

Yo Junkman!! I may actually take you up on that one day! I go to TN/KY from time to time and could def make the pilgrimage to your movie set!! hahah. As far as steaks go....yeah we got some decent steakhouses up here....but the BBQ down south.....well, lets just say there really isnt anything like.....best bbq i ever had in my life was in nashville....:cheers:Thanks man!

Let me know if you're coming up, the first steak is on me :cheers:

Archived