Customer Service 866.965.0400

newbee question

valente

Question

ok,well this is my car<a href=

and i just recieved my adams products.i got the SHR,DS,FMP,MSW,SSR.and the pads for the PC.i got allot of fine swirls all over the car,just wondering the steps to take.i wash the car then wax,then what comes after that and after that and that.and what other products should i use.thank you

24 answers to this question

They each have their own method of doing this. There is not just one right or wrong way to do this. Take your time and watch, listen and learn before you start, if will keep you from getting frustrated when you start :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

:iagree: I've seen a lot of noobs go buy Adam's products and "browse" Junkman's videos. Then they go try their first detail and have a million questions and are unhappy with the results. Almost everything they have a question about was covered in Junkman's videos.

So my advice is to watch Junkman's videos carefully and take notes. When you start your first detail take your time and don't expect perfection. Rome wasn't built in day, and your paint won't be perfect in one either. I'm not saying that you won't get it perfect, it just takes time to perfect it. Technique is a big thing. Practice makes perfect.

After you do your first detail, I'm sure you will have questions. Everyone here is very helpful and friendly, so ask a way.

Make sure you post pictures too!

Good Luck

I guess I don't recognize you then lol..

I also havent been as active on it lately and looking at all the GP specific threads..

I have been a member there for a while now.what i do is that i like to read before i ask.so you probably wont see allot of threds started by me,but i try to log in almost every day.im also at automotiveforums.com,if you like to check us out.thanks

Go with the 3 pea sized drops of polish for the PC pads. (The X is how they do it for the flex.) It really doesn't take much polish, as the pads do a part of the work, too. Use too much polish, and you make it take longer to correct because you have clogged up the surface of the pad. It sounds backwards to what you might normally think, but AJ is correct in how much polish it takes per 2x2' area - not much.

I will do that,thanks.as soon as the rain stops.looks like it rains everyday around here,have not seen so much rain in all the years that ive been here.thank youfor the advice

Go with the 3 pea sized drops of polish for the PC pads. (The X is how they do it for the flex.) It really doesn't take much polish, as the pads do a part of the work, too. Use too much polish, and you make it take longer to correct because you have clogged up the surface of the pad. It sounds backwards to what you might normally think, but AJ is correct in how much polish it takes per 2x2' area - not much.

i like to use the same name on all the forums that i join(valente)

I guess I don't recognize you then lol..

I also havent been as active on it lately and looking at all the GP specific threads..

i will keep on watching the videos before i start.i want to see how mine comes out before i do the wifes challenger.her car has one stripe running on both sides of the car.and i have been reading on what to do there to.thanks peoples for the help

:iagree: I've seen a lot of noobs go buy Adam's products and "browse" Junkman's videos. Then they go try their first detail and have a million questions and are unhappy with the results. Almost everything they have a question about was covered in Junkman's videos.

So my advice is to watch Junkman's videos carefully and take notes. When you start your first detail take your time and don't expect perfection. Rome wasn't built in day, and your paint won't be perfect in one either. I'm not saying that you won't get it perfect, it just takes time to perfect it. Technique is a big thing. Practice makes perfect.

After you do your first detail, I'm sure you will have questions. Everyone here is very helpful and friendly, so ask a way.

Make sure you post pictures too!

Good Luck

Very true Dan.

Junkman always recommends watching the videos in his stickies (http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108) and not just on You Tube. The threads contain alot more information than just the vidoes, and may even have additions/corrections to something in the vidoes.

I feel comfortable quoting you on this AJ!

Well hell, I have absolutely nothing to add! :2thumbs:

Very true Dan.

Junkman always recommends watching the videos in his stickies (http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108) and not just on You Tube. The threads contain alot more information than just the vidoes, and may even have additions/corrections to something in the vidoes.

I feel comfortable quoting you on this AJ!

i have seen some of JUNKMANS videos,here and at youtube.my question is that on his videos he just puts like three dorps of the product,when on the adams video i see the guy go across the pad,he draws a x on the pad,and thats waymore than three drops,i just dont what to add more than what i need.thank you

They each have their own method of doing this. There is not just one right or wrong way to do this. Take your time and watch, listen and learn before you start, if will keep you from getting frustrated when you start :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

That's how Ilearned to edit and upload pic, JUNKMAN!

i have seen some of JUNKMANS videos,here and at youtube.my question is that on his videos he just puts like three dorps of the product,when on the adams video i see the guy go across the pad,he draws a x on the pad,and thats waymore than three drops,i just dont what to add more than what i need.thank you

thats the picture,i have watched a few videos,im just not sure if i need anything else or if im good with what i got.i whant to hurry up and start on the car and see how it comes out.thank you

You need to just copy and paste the IMG code from photobucket into the body of your post. I saw your initial post before you edited it and I believe this is the pic you were trying to show:

DSC04325.jpg

Oh, and welcome to the forums. :welcomebanner:

I can't see the picture but after the 2 bucket wash your should do a "baggie" test to see if you need to clay.

sorry,cant seem to get this photobucket thing.i will keep on trying to upload the pics

Archived