Customer Service 866.965.0400

My New Used Lemon...RANT

70'sChevyGirl

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright...I just talked to the Service advisor. My parts won't be in until next Tuesday. :willy::willy::willy: They said that I might get it back by Wednesday. Thats 9 days in service. Geeeeeeeeez!!! :mad:

I can't stand this PT Cruiser...its going back to the rental and I am getting the BIG RAM 2500 again. It was that or the minivan.

Alright...I just talked to the Service advisor. My parts won't be in until next Tuesday. :willy::willy::willy: They said that I might get it back by Wednesday. Thats 9 days in service. Geeeeeeeeez!!! :mad:

I can't stand this PT Cruiser...its going back to the rental and I am getting the BIG RAM 2500 again. It was that or the minivan.

And they wonder why they are in trouble.

Teresa,

I know exactly what you're going through as I'm going though a similar experience right now. I bought my GM Certified 05 GTO last month from a GM dealer. I've owened the car about 40 days and the car has been in the service department at least 15 of those days. It is still in there now as we speak awaiting an idler pulley. Thankfully the items needing service have been relatively minor (CD play not working, rear HVAC controls broken, AC idler pulley, glove box door fell off). What gets me upset is that all these items are on the so called 177-point checklist that is a mandatory inspection process for GM Certification. Obviously they car was never inspected but rather sold "as-is" with a GM Certified sticker on it.

Since I had poaid cash and the check had cleared, the dealer was not receptive to my concerns and pretty much said I was lucky that it was certified so now all these items could be corrected. The salesman even said, "you know this is s used car." I had to remind him that it was not a used car but a GM Certified used car that should have been delivered to those standards. GM/Pontiac couldn't care less either as the only consolation they offered me was a $200 maintenance coupon (provided I use it at one of there service departments).

Like I said, the issues I've had are way minor compared to yours. I also understand that these are machines and that things break. But one of the many reasons that US auto industry is in the shape that it is in today, in my opinion, is that they just don't care about customer service. It is no longer in the fabric of their corporate culture from the executive floor to the showroom floor.

Hang in there and good luck,

Mike

Mike...apparently Certifed means NOTHING. :mad::mad:

I did sent Chrysler Customer Service and really NOT SO NICE letter.

Its been 9 days today without my car. They have probably put so many miles on it that it is out of original factory warranty too. I will be bitching about that when I pick it up. Last time they had it they put 250 miles on it. That was more than I had put on it.

I think I should have stuck to the Chevys but I love the look and feel of my Charger...its sorta sexy like my Vette.

Teresa,

I feel your pain about Chrysler service. My SRT-4 was in the shop for a transmission replacement and short block replacement (don't ask...my fault but insurance covered it) and it took over 30 days just to received parts....both times. Now mind you..both incidents were over a year apart.

I called last night and they told me that they wanted to test drive it one more day just to make sure whatever they did worked.

I hope to get it back tonight. Service is open til 9...10 days later.

This 2500 RAM 4 x 4 is a beast and a gas hog. It has been fun to drive around in the snow though...:burnout::burnout:

This is now getting ridiculous. I called service late yesterday afternoon because I had heard NOTHING from them. I am now told that the computer and new gas pedal they put in my car is still NOT the problem. Apparently, a tech was test driving it and it still feels like the car is falling on its face and not wanting to pull the car. I think it could be the trans but what do I know...I'm nothing but a silly girl that lives with a body tech that works with Mechanics all day. Hmmmmmm guess we'll see on that.

He said that they really don't know what to do and they will probably have it at least for another 5 days or so. I got an attitude and called Chrysler's Customer Service Center...talk about some idiots. "I understand completely"...my ***!!!

Since I purchased it Sept. 8 there have been 2200 miles put on it and the service dept has put on 350+ of those miles.

Any suggestions?? I am ready to take this rental Ram 2500...put the brights on and drive it right thru the closed service bay doors at WOT!!! :willy:

Why oh Why did I buy a MOPAR??? BF warned me to stick with the Chevys...I didn't listen because I'm stubborn and get what I want. I'm never gonna hear the end of this.

Whats your opinion...

I recently bought a new USED 07 RT Charger. I have always been a Chevy girl but I love the look of the Charger :banana::banana: anyway...I have owned the car since the beginning of October and have had it into the Dodge service department twice...today will be the third time. :help::help:

When I bought the car it was suppose to have been Certified Pre-Owned with a 125-point inspection which was suppose to consist of them checking all the operations of my car, interior, exterior, ect....well since I have owned the car they have replaced the front driver's side bearings and control arm, brakes all the way around and also the throttle body. :willy:

How was it sold to me as CERTIFIED??????????????????

This car has no power sometimes when I go to accelerate...I thought it was just because I wasn't use to driving a HEMI...NOT!!!!!!!!! Now it is more than likely the transmission.

Yeah...I got hell for buying a MOPAR and now I am not hearing the end of it. :help:

BTW....the customer service rep at Chrysler-Dave...I am sorry to have taken out my frustrations on you-the Service manager at the dealership is NEXT...fighting0054.gif

How did this car pass inspection??

Sorry to rant...

WOW! Sorry to hear this. My G/F wants a Charger so bad and I am so anti-Dodge that it's not funny. (no flaming please) Maybe trade it in on a Pontiac G8 with the venerable LS motor or maybe a G8 GXP with the 400+ LS3?

Hope you get it sorted though!

WOW! Sorry to hear this. My G/F wants a Charger so bad and I am so anti-Dodge that it's not funny. (no flaming please) Maybe trade it in on a Pontiac G8 with the venerable LS motor or maybe a G8 GXP with the 400+ LS3?

Hope you get it sorted though!

My BF wanted me to get the G8 GXP...I didnt listen. :willy:

You said they replaced the PCM, but what about the TCM (transmission control module)? Maybe get them to replace it with the Mopar Performance TCM. Also, you could ask them if they can flash the PCM and TCM with the police calibration ID. Some people with Chargers have had that done and said it has worked pretty good with better throttle response, firmer shifting, etc.

Here are the flash IDs:

PCM: 05094807AJ

TCM: 05150186AH

Edited by R/Tdrvr

You said they replaced the PCM, but what about the TCM (transmission control module)? Maybe get them to replace it with the Mopar Performance TCM. Also, you could ask them if they can flash the PCM and TCM with the police calibration ID. Some people with Chargers have had that done and said it has worked pretty good with better throttle response, firmer shifting, etc.

Here are the flash IDs:

PCM: 05094807AJ

TCM: 05150186AH

They have tried everything. The Chrysler engineers are on the problem now.

As of today they have had it 14 days. I'm not very happy. :mad::mad:

Thanks for the info.

sorry to hear that i really like those chargers/challengers to..i was about to get a 08 and then i found my camaro =)what a switcharooo haha but i would push to get a CERTIFIED mechanic...lol out to fix it..because they could of sold you a lemon on purpose and expected you to just trade it back for something else to..ive heard it happen..alot...my moms durango we bought it brand new and the parking gear went out..havet had a problem..yet:bow:and if all esle fails sell it on ebay..lol

sorry to hear that i really like those chargers/challengers to..i was about to get a 08 and then i found my camaro =)what a switcharooo haha but i would push to get a CERTIFIED mechanic...lol out to fix it..because they could of sold you a lemon on purpose and expected you to just trade it back for something else to..ive heard it happen..alot...my moms durango we bought it brand new and the parking gear went out..havet had a problem..yet:bow:and if all esle fails sell it on ebay..lol

If all else fails...

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act will hopefully protect me. I'll make them buy it back from me.

I called a few minutes ago and the Serv. Advisor told me that the car hasn't acted up all weekend and that they wanted to drive it a few more times today. I might get it back today.

Wonder how many miles they have put on it??

I called a few minutes ago and the Serv. Advisor told me that the car hasn't acted up all weekend and that they wanted to drive it a few more times today. I might get it back today.

Well, hopefully they actually fixed it, and not the problem just isn't surfacing at the moment. Don't want to have to take it back in again. I hate taking in a vehicle for service, only to go pick it up with them stating they were unable to reproduce the problem.

Good luck!

If all else fails...

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act will hopefully protect me. I'll make them buy it back from me.

Wonder how many miles they have put on it??

oh god......you prob will havet to get new tires..everytime we left any car at a dealership mechanic...grease spot on the doors,inside,no tires left uhhhh they destroy more than they fix....huhhhhhh lol prob anywhere from 100-300 miles....at least with ours...