Customer Service 866.965.0400

My New Used Lemon...RANT

70'sChevyGirl

Whats your opinion...

I recently bought a new USED 07 RT Charger. I have always been a Chevy girl but I love the look of the Charger :banana::banana: anyway...I have owned the car since the beginning of October and have had it into the Dodge service department twice...today will be the third time. :help::help:

When I bought the car it was suppose to have been Certified Pre-Owned with a 125-point inspection which was suppose to consist of them checking all the operations of my car, interior, exterior, ect....well since I have owned the car they have replaced the front driver's side bearings and control arm, brakes all the way around and also the throttle body. :willy:

How was it sold to me as CERTIFIED??????????????????

This car has no power sometimes when I go to accelerate...I thought it was just because I wasn't use to driving a HEMI...NOT!!!!!!!!! Now it is more than likely the transmission.

Yeah...I got hell for buying a MOPAR and now I am not hearing the end of it. :help:

BTW....the customer service rep at Chrysler-Dave...I am sorry to have taken out my frustrations on you-the Service manager at the dealership is NEXT...fighting0054.gif

How did this car pass inspection??

Sorry to rant...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that you have so many problems. Most likely with the wheel bearing that it just went bad generally once they start to make noise they go quick and they don't always have play in them they just start grinding. It doesn't mean they were bad when the car was certified, but it could have been starting and the dealership just did not want to pay for it. Brakes it just sounds like low quality parts, almost every Chrysler vehicle seems to have the same problem. The acceleration issue is may be because of the electronic throttle control (no cable between foot and throttle), there is a delay for some reason that gets really annoying because my truck does the same thing and I have met other people who had the same problems. The computer doesn't downshift right away and the delay = slow acceleration. All you could do to fix that is add more power to make you happy when it kicks in :). There may actually be problems, and is still good to have it checked out.

Forgot, the control arm (along with tie rods) like to go bad because of Chrysler bright idea of having non-greaseable tie rods and ball joints, so they go bad a lot. Once it is out of warranty and the go bad replace them with something like Moog with a grease zerk to keep things lubricated. Hope all this helps and sorry for the long posts.

Keep good track of these issues, don't expect them to hand over the paper work at a later date when you try to get them to take it back as a Lemon. And don't wait before getting the regional rep involved. Better to start bugging them now as it is a certified vehicle.

Before I took my car in to the dealership I called Cry slur :lol: and told them about my issue and they gave me a Claim number and said if the dealership didnt fix it right this time they were to get an Engineer out right away.

Keep good track of these issues, don't expect them to hand over the paper work at a later date when you try to get them to take it back as a Lemon. And don't wait before getting the regional rep involved. Better to start bugging them now as it is a certified vehicle.

Bill...I was a legal assistant for 6 years and I document and file EVERYTHING. They won't need to give me anything but I might have a few things to give them. I hope my car isnt a Lemon...I actually love the ride.

BTW...I have a ChuckA Mobile. :lol::lol::help::help::lol::lol: A MINI Van!!!

Edited by 73VetteGirl

I'm really sorry your having trouble. My 2005 300c (purchased june 2004) has never had a problem except the pulling to the right. (still does it after being, ahem, fixed) I really love the car however. Dodge/Chrysler service is hit or miss unfortunately. Sometimes they are wonderful and sometimes they are, ahem, almost worthless.

Les

It took me 14 months to instruct him on how to post pictures. :lol:

He finally got it recently. :thumbsup::banana::thumbsup:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I gave up and got him to email them to me so I could host them :willy::willy:

I'm still shocked he got them in an email for me :banana:

Sorry to hear this:mad: I've had Mopars all my life and never had a bad apple:xfingers: Must be lucky and never got one that was built on a Monday

Yeah...its making me mad just looking out my window seeing that damn minivan. :help::help:

The Service manager was going to drive my car home last night and see if it acts up on him this morning.

It has happened more in the mornings but it has also happened in the afternoon...with a Hemi you would think you could step on the gas and go.

My BF hates that car. He keeps saying "should have bought a Chevy"

Just shoot it between the headlights and by something else.

:lol: I really do like the car. It has a great ride.

The service manager is pretty baffled as to what is going on with it. :help:Guess we will see how many days it will take them to fix it or get a head honcho out to the dealership.

I must admit...I HATE THIS MINIVAN I am driving. I am definately NOT the minivan type.:willy::willy::willy:

Well well well...the dealership doesn't think I am crazy after all. The RT screwed up on them this morning when they had a computer hooked up to it.

It needs a new Throttle Body Control Center. Finally...I might get this car fixed RIGHT!! This was the 3rd time I had it in for the same problem.

Maybe I don't have a Lemon like I thought. :banana::banana:

I should get it back today, tomorrow or next week. :help: I took the Minivan back and now I have a PT Cruiser. The PT's seats feel like your sitting in the bleaches at a sporting event. They suck.:willy: