Customer Service 866.965.0400

trailer (vehicle side) wiring harness

3PedalMINI

I need to install a hitch/wiring harness on my 2012 Nissan NV (work van) http://www.nissancommercialvehicles.com

I have searched all over the place in the rear trying to find a factory tow harness without luck. I am really good with wiring and want to know the right way to do this. Can I just splice the harness on the taillight wires? I know ill have to test the circuits to find out which wire does what.

My taillights are incandescent, not LED so i assume that makes this job easier. I just want to do this the right way and not the hack way. And if anyone can give some tips/tricks i would greatly appreciate it. i plan on doing a 7 way harness and plan to add a trailer brake control at some point.

TIA:thumbsup:

I'm going to go out on a limb and so, No you can't splice into the factory wireing harness. Reason being that the PCM is going to notice that there is too much draw. I know in my Ram if you do this the PCM sets off all kinda lights and blows fuses. These new electrical systems are very picky.

Did you look under the truck at all? You might get lucky and find the factory harness tucked up and hidden!!

I'm going to go out on a limb and so, No you can't splice into the factory wireing harness. Reason being that the PCM is going to notice that there is too much draw. I know in my Ram if you do this the PCM sets off all kinda lights and blows fuses. These new electrical systems are very picky.

Did you look under the truck at all? You might get lucky and find the factory harness tucked up and hidden!!

i was hoping, i got my crawler out and looked under with no luck twice. Sucks, they thought of everything with the van but didnt bother putting a "harness" in the back. i guess that was the 699 trailer option:mad:

how and where do i tap for the lights?

Archived