Customer Service 866.965.0400

did the work truck

(ep) pat

i got a kit for my trailblazer ss loved so went and got one for the department.

tower2.jpg

tower1.jpg

i know some of you may wonder why i would do the truck. they spent big money on the truck and we are not going to get a new one for quite some time. it needed it bad. its not a parade truck and it sees a lot of work. did the swirl and haze the polish then wax. came out amazing.

first off welcome!

With those big wheels, you could take MP 1&2 out for a spin. The final shine should be ridiculous. :)

they will work AWESOME! I wish I took pics on how the wheels came out.. it worked pretty darn good on the DP as well..

Our truck is from '94, we have the oldest piece in town, we kinda need a new one.. its been 'ok' taken care off.. the wheels were bad, same as the DP, but the wheels looked beautiful for the Memorial Day Parade..

haha no way! i was driving back from work off the express way and take the williamstown exit, has the truck been out yet because im pretty sure i saw that one and thought to my self "man does that look good":thumbsup::thumbsup:

Welcome! Im ten minutes down the road from you.

• 8 months later...

I wish I had joined the forum earlier, cause I have a feeling that I wont get the conversation going again.

I just started on my department's tower on Saturday night, Alone! :help:

Despite having done our engines a few times, I had no idea what I was getting into. There is just so much more to a tandem axel ladder truck.

Anyway, I'm glad to know that I am not the only guy using top shelf products on fire apparatus that actually goes to work. :burnout:

I wish I had joined the forum earlier, cause I have a feeling that I wont get the conversation going again.

Despite having done our engines a few times, I had no idea what I was getting into. There is just so much more to a tandem axel ladder truck.

Anyway, I'm glad to know that I am not the only guy using top shelf products on fire apparatus that actually goes to work. :burnout:

Don't forget some photos...... Good Luck

welcome Peter! where the heck is Mendham?

i would like to keep up on all of the trucks but most are older and havent gotten the love they need. kinda like polishing a turd.

Speaking from experience, it's very very hard and frustrating. Not everyone will wash the truck with a pad. Our guys like to use brushes for some reason. I am the only one that washes the trucks at our Station 2 and it can get very hard especially with a 3000 gallon tanker.

BG will be your best friend with minor scratches.

Thanks! I will definitely put up some pics, but it might be a while if I don't get any help.

And to MAYBEN: Mendham is right on the edge of Morris County, it's more or less between Chester and Morristown. I hope that's helpful. I am actually not on their FD though, I'm on the Far Hills-Bedminster Fire Department and the Bernardsville Fire Department. Not that that really makes any sense, but I liked those companies better. lol

Archived