Customer Service 866.965.0400

waxy yellow buildup

vett4evr

Question

The day I drove my vette home from the dealer was the only day it's ever seen rain. Figures. It was washed and clayed and polished and waxed. That was 3 vette seasons ago. This is the 4th summer I'm driving it and it's been washed only once since. The car never gets dirty. After I use it I usually will litely dust it with the duster and then go over it with either WW or DS and then BSG. The wheels are polished, the Corsa tips are polished and the windows washed. My question is how many times can these products be used on top of each other before there is a buildup? Or is there never a problem with buildup?

12 answers to this question

Usually people max out at 3 waxes. If you keep putting on more and more wax, eventually it will just get kind of cloudy. When that happens, you should be able to notice it, and will just have to give it a wash with some IPA/APC/Dawn to strip it off.

Welcome to AF Bill:thumbsup:

Mine is the same way, I wash it once at the start of the year and follow that by correcting any defects I may have caused by using nothing but WW and DS the prior season. I wipe down the vette with either one of those before or after just about every ride.

At most I put 4 or 5 coats of wax on in a single season. If applied properly, not too thick, you shouldn't see any buildup issues :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Bill the only possible issue I see is that you're only Glaze. Does your car have any wax on it? If it does you have to remember that the glaze will break down the wax. So eventually you will have no protection on the paint.

Just something to think about.

Just waxed my black printer. Took 6 coats of Americana to get cloudy. Don't know if it is the same with paint, but I figured I would throw this in there.

Cool, now use some IPA to take it off and then see how many coats of BG it takes to get cloudy :2thumbs:

The day I drove my vette home from the dealer was the only day it's ever seen rain. Figures. It was washed and clayed and polished and waxed. That was 3 vette seasons ago. This is the 4th summer I'm driving it and it's been washed only once since. The car never gets dirty. After I use it I usually will litely dust it with the duster and then go over it with either WW or DS and then BSG. The wheels are polished, the Corsa tips are polished and the windows washed. My question is how many times can these products be used on top of each other before there is a buildup? Or is there never a problem with buildup?

I haven't washed my Rav4 in over a month, no rain here, I hit it with the duster and then DS.

It's just perfect.

I called Ashley to ask her if I should use the WW instead of the DS daily, she said the DS would be fine and so far so good.

I do however use APC on my tires once a week but that's all the car sees when it comes to the hose.

It always has that just waxed look.

Archived