Customer Service 866.965.0400

Needing help

the1inblue

Question

So I decided to recorrect panels on the Camaro today. Some of the panels were the hood, roof and trunk. Well I breeze though the hood with ease. It only took a single pass SHR and FMP. So Im done with the hood and it looks like glass! I move to the roof and well I did a pass with SHR then FMP. I inspect and small water spots were etched in the paint. Well I decided do another pass of SHR. I inspect the work, still there. By this time I'm getting a little frustrated. So I do a pass of SSR. The water spots are still there but a little lighter. Does anyone got any idea what I do from here. I took break for today. Any input would be nice. Oh I prep the car by washing it, claying it, rewashing. I did a alcohol wipedown before doing each panel. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

• Answers 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But that is kind of normal, you have been driving it so it has been accumulating a layer of dust. Then it rained on that dust. Break out the wash buckets and it should look great again in no time.

So I worked night shift last night and had to work again tonight. Well I slept most of the day and I woke up to this.....aefcb622-2169-9001.jpg yah it rain..but it looks like it rained mudd...im.so not happy...

take some before and after 'tidy'/car parking worthy..

then you can fix it up later lol

I'll take pics of my basement when their finished, possible today.. then I'll have to refinish

A little update..so my car been in and out the rain since I did the correction. Mostly out since my lovely gf cleaned the garage up enough so I can get the car inside. However the car did get rain on at work a few times. Well the results aren't to my liking. After a few weeks and weekly washing. The spots are back. I tried claying and that helped some however there a few I can't get out. Im kinda lost with words on what to expect from MSS and two coats of BW. Maybe I need to accept its a daily driver and its black and that I need to deal with it.

But the car WAS to your liking prior to getting rained on? Seems like you are in an area with some seriously tough water in your rain, if its getting through all the product coats you have on and still spotting the paint.

I'm hoping others with chime in with some possible solutions.

Yep it was 100% corrected. Looked awesome! Not bad now but I had to clay some of them out. I still have a few that need do be polished out. Some bad water I guess. Guess ill do 2 coats of MSS next time.

I may be wrong but I thought a second coat of MSW had to be applied directly over the first coat, for the same reasons that the first coat has to be directly applied to the paint. If you've already put down Buttery and BG, I'd think that the MSW wouldn't "adhere" properly. I'm sure the experts will chime in but I wouldn't want you to waste your time with another coat of MSW if it won't be giving you the full benefit. If anything, another coat of Buttery wouldn't hurt, and would be much easier than MSW. Camaro looks great by the way. :thumbsup:

Correct, more BW couldn't hurt but no more MSW at this point :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well ill have to keep an eye on it. I already applied it. Maybe having two coats of wax will help out. If anything ill apply another coat of MSW tomorrow if that'll help.

I may be wrong but I thought a second coat of MSW had to be applied directly over the first coat, for the same reasons that the first coat has to be directly applied to the paint. If you've already put down Buttery and BG, I'd think that the MSW wouldn't "adhere" properly. I'm sure the experts will chime in but I wouldn't want you to waste your time with another coat of MSW if it won't be giving you the full benefit. If anything, another coat of Buttery wouldn't hurt, and would be much easier than MSW. Camaro looks great by the way. :thumbsup:

I'm not a chemist but I believe a member of the Adam's team recently mentioned that the solvents, used as a drying agent, in the BG can degrade the wax just a little when you put BG put on top of wax. That is one of the reasons why most will put down BG then put the wax over the top. The one case where that does NOT apply is MSW. MSW should always be the first product applied when you are using it.

And knowing that this isn't the first time you have had an issue with water spots , and this is only my opinion, that you might want to leave the BG out of the equation this time. Make sense ???

Well ill have to keep an eye on it. I already applied it. Maybe having two coats of wax will help out. If anything ill apply another coat of MSW tomorrow if that'll help. Here's some pics of it when I left this evening. aefc9c03-1369-4e24.jpgaefc9c03-1380-f847.jpgaefc9c03-1394-0bfb.jpgaefc9c03-13a9-afb9.jpgaefc9c03-13c0-c278.jpgaefc9c03-13e2-df0a.jpg

Hey bill, I typed that wrong.I meant to say I was going with msw then bw. I did however put the bg on top of the bw. What do you think in regards to combination?

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

I'm not a chemist but I believe a member of the Adam's team recently mentioned that the solvents, used as a drying agent, in the BG can degrade the wax just a little when you put BG put on top of wax. That is one of the reasons why most will put down BG then put the wax over the top. The one case where that does NOT apply is MSW. MSW should always be the first product applied when you are using it.

And knowing that this isn't the first time you have had an issue with water spots , and this is only my opinion, that you might want to leave the BG out of the equation this time. Make sense ???

Archived