Customer Service 866.965.0400

02 Trailblazer AC help needed

InDepthAutoDetailing

My wife's 02 trailblazer with 180k on it is slowly going downhill. The AC is the problem at this point. About a month ago I took it in and had the AC charged up. The problem now is the AC Blend Doors. It blows cold for a while then decides it wants to start blowing heat. I've been told it's the Blend Door Actuator Motor. Anyone ever tackle putting one of these in? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Len

Is the ac panel the digital climate control style or the standard analogy with knobs? Blend door actuators are fairly easy. They are under the dash by blower assembly. Usually three to four small bolts and a electrical connector. Should take less than half hour. If it is the digital climate control unit then it may be the actual head not the actuator. Let me know which one and I can help you more.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Len, how long does it blow heat for? Does the evaporator freeze up on you? (did they over charge the system?) I know on the dodges if you over charge the system the evap. frezes solid and then you get hot air. Check this first so you don't go ripping the dash apart. I have a defrost/floor heat door broken and it's an 8 hour job to fix.:help:

Len, how long does it blow heat for? Does the evaporator freeze up on you? (did they over charge the system?) I know on the dodges if you over charge the system the evap. frezes solid and then you get hot air. Check this first so you don't go ripping the dash apart. I have a defrost/floor heat door broken and it's an 8 hour job to fix.:help:

Once it starts to blow heat it continues until it's parked for a while. Example, my wife got home yesterday at 5:30 and it was blowing heat. I got in it a 6:15 to go to the store and it was cool (not cold) air for about 1-2 minutes. Then it was back to hot air.

It might be freezing up on you. I wonder how long it would take to melt the ice on the evap. if it was frozen solid? Do you run it on recir.? If you do run it on recir. run it with it on normal vent and see if it takes longer to blow heat (evap. frozen)

It should take longer to freeze up when set to normal vent. Running it on recir. will freeze the evap. faster due to the cold air inside the truck.

Again this just me talking out loud and may or may not be the problem but it doesn't cost anything to check it out.

Hope this helps.

yeah that sounds liek something is freezing up. when it starts blowing hot, park the car, leave it running and pop the hood quick and inspect the lines going off the compressor, follow those to see if the evaporator is frozen as said above, quick way to find out if somethng is plugged.

Archived