Customer Service 866.965.0400

Severe Swirl & Haze Remover for headlights

MikeS

Question

I'll probably be attempting a hazy headlight restoration this weekend. I already have focus pads, SHR, and FMP. I'm not sure if I should pick up some Severe SHR though, just in case. I suppose it could save a very fine sanding step if I have to go that far.

Eh, maybe I'll just go ahead and get some. Never know when it might come in handy....

13 answers to this question

Agreed... and you're on the right track with sanding anyways... if you can fix it with 2-3 passes of SHR and orange then a little sanding is probably gonna be necessary. Headlights are a different animal than paint and theres almost always that section on the top that either needs additional passes or sanding to fix completely.

What grit sand paper would you use if you sanded it?

I would say 3000 or 3500 grit. Maybe less aggressive. Good question. Ive done several headlights and not yet one has need wetsanding however I did have to use SSR on one but that was to hit some bad areas. Usually after 2 or 3 passes they come out nicely. A pass of FMP and you're all done!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up going ahead and ordering a bottle since there were a few other things I wanted to pick up.

I'll plan on an initial attempt starting with SHR. There are a few locations that may need sanding, since this particular vehicle has some scrubbing from a bra on the sides of the headlight lenses.

If I get to the project this weekend (it is one of about a dozen things I want to get done), I'll post some before/after pics.

I know this is a old thread but can someone tell me if I am right about the grit sand paper? I did a set of headlights the other day and man it seem to take forever to correct them even with SSR. I probably could of saved time by sanding them. Any help would be nice! Thanks!

Which thread? I have a car with killer hazed over lights. I put SSH on it and the rest of them with still no luck to the oxidized area. The clear part was clearer but not a dent to the part that needs it. I think I am in need of some sand paper IF these can even be saved.

i use 1500 then 2000 wetsand paper and then the polish steps and they come out brand new.

I have used these steps in the past, but lately I have been able to clear them up using the 4" green pad on the drill with SSR.

Archived