Customer Service 866.965.0400

doing the headlights

valente

Question

im doing the headlights with SHR and the 4"pads-using a drill.

i have a question,is the SHR the only thing i need or should i use like the FMP and the MSW.sorry for the short post but im outside doing it right now

15 answers to this question

heres the before

mios020-1.jpg

mios021.jpg

mios022-1.jpg

after,

mios023-1.jpg

mios024-1.jpg

they dont look as good as new but they look better.

i just read on another post here that is good to use sand paper.im going to do this again in a couple of weeks and see if it helps,if not then im going to have to try somethng else.they do look better then before do:2thumbs:

Nice job Daniel!

i just read on another post here that is good to use sand paper.im going to do this again in a couple of weeks and see if it helps,if not then im going to have to try somethng else.they do look better then before do:2thumbs:

Before you sand them look at them closely with the lights on, and (with the lights off) shine a strong light into them. Often the surface is as good as you can get it and the remaining defects are inside the housing.

Before you sand them look at them closely with the lights on, and (with the lights off) shine a strong light into them. Often the surface is as good as you can get it and the remaining defects are inside the housing.

I think youre right,still im going to try it again and see what happens.

there is a good Write up on the GPONA site that shows you what you need to do to open them up,but i dont think i can put mine in the oven.knowing me i would probably melt the sh**t out of them:o

Good turn out. Word of advice, I wouldn't worry about the top of the headlights as they don't really have any effect on the clarity of the light. Second as said before I turned the headlights on before you're finish. This will help find spots that need another pass. Also when the lights are on you may see small scratches or chip looking marks. Well those are just normal wear and tear. Polishing them isn't gonna fixed that. Overall a very good job.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Archived