Customer Service 866.965.0400

"The Main Event"

Fit08

Question

Well, in about a half an hour from now my first full paint correction is going to start! Just sitting having a coffee after work and getting ready for my weekend paint correction on my wifes car.

I did do the truck last night to see what I was in for and here is a few pics. I'm thinking 70-80 % for a DD is fine with me from what the truck is showing. Using the PC really brings the shine out and of coaurse swirls (all) if your going for 100%. I will see what the hood tells me and maybe some sun will come out as it is cloudy and rain for the next day or two.

17 answers to this question

Each time you use the PC, you will refine your technique a bit more. Practice practice. :D

And don't forget your friend the white pad and FMP - that stuff really cleans up the swirl killing work from the SHR and puts the real shine and clarity on the finish.

Apply the Machine Super Wax(Sealant), let it set up for about 30 minutes, then wipe it off and you will be done for the day. You probably won't even see any haze 12 hrs after the wipe off of the MSW. Just put it on thin.

been a busy weekend.. and I start my new job tomorrow, so its gonna be a while for other responses lol

Good luck at the new job. New starts are not fun depending on many things and if your older it can really be stressful.

Each time you use the PC, you will refine your technique a bit more. Practice practice. :D

And don't forget your friend the white pad and FMP - that stuff really cleans up the swirl killing work from the SHR and puts the real shine and clarity on the finish.

Apply the Machine Super Wax(Sealant), let it set up for about 30 minutes, then wipe it off and you will be done for the day. You probably won't even see any haze 12 hrs after the wipe off of the MSW. Just put it on thin.

Well in the home strech will be glazing this afternoon I hope then the 12 hour sit and BG, americana Sunday night. All this to see it go down the road in the rain on Monday:(

Update:

Washed (two bucket, grit guards)

clayed

IPA wipe down

Hood knocked out SHR * 3, FMP * 1

Not perfect but, perfect from far.:) Sure brings out the shine.

For first time PC use and no Technique down I think I'm happy thus far. I know the sun may put a damper on my mood but, then I get to start all over and work on technique more. It's the journey NOT the destination they tell me.:2thumbs:

Not bad so far! :2thumbs: Good luck on the rest of the car.

Take a break every once and a while, and drink lots of beer:cheers:

On break, no beer:willy: just water for me. Going well so far.

Archived