Customer Service 866.965.0400

my front fascia is getting chipped up/scratched

6spdg37s

Question

So on my 08 z06 my front fascia is getting chipped up/scratched up more so than other parts of the car... this makes sense obviously

this car isnt a garage queen I daily drive her :

rain/snow

sunny

crappy roads

nice roads

drag strip

etc;

without doing a clear bra or any of that stuff is there anything i can do or do i just let it take the abuse and then eventually will need a respray??

this is y black sucks if only i found a yellow 1

9 answers to this question

get a regular bra and run one week on one week off it will cut down on how much abuse your car takes. I realize its not the most appealng thing you can put on cars but without getting a clearbra this is your next option that can be removed and reinstalled unlike a clearbra.

^^^This.

About the only thing you can do John. GM sells one and so does speedbra or something like that. Put it on during the week/long trips and take it off and put it in the hatch for cruises/weekends/etc.

They are so low they 'catch' alot of road debris. Also in front of the rear wheels by your brake vents will start to get chipped/sandblasted from the debris the front tires kick up.

Next time around bro: clearbra! (I just don't like the looks of it on dark colored vehicles-you can see the lines)

^^^This.

About the only thing you can do John. GM sells one and so does speedbra or something like that. Put it on during the week/long trips and take it off and put it in the hatch for cruises/weekends/etc.

They are so low they 'catch' alot of road debris. Also in front of the rear wheels by your brake vents will start to get chipped/sandblasted from the debris the front tires kick up.

Next time around bro: clearbra! (I just don't like the looks of it on dark colored vehicles-you can see the lines)

my friend has a 350z in daytona blue with like 100k on it and hes got the clear bra and is ultra noticable and discusting and then if he were to take it off i heard the front would not match the rest of the paint

A clear bra is the answer. The clear bra will save you the work of taking a bra on

and off risking any damage from removing and putting it back on.

If the clear bra edges are wrapped as they should be you can hardly tell there is one on

the car.

I dont doubt the story about the 350z but my Z looked great after 35k miles with a clear bra on it. I would recommend that anyone have two of them installed over the life of the car. If my car was 100k miles I would have been on my second bra already.

Why? You can remove the old one, do a paint correction and then install the new one that should last you the 50k more miles and the car should still look as good as when you took it off the lot.

When I sold my Z it didnt have a rock chip on the car. The bra more than paid for itself by keeping you from doing resprays and such.

A clearbra to me is the 1st mod anyone should do to a car you care anything about.

Archived