Customer Service 866.965.0400

Free-rant

COBRA1993SVT

A good friend of mine whos the service manager at a local BMW dealership called the other day and asked it I could help him. Seems that there detail department couldnt get the swirls out of a Dr's new 535.

I told himI'd take car of it and to leave it with me for two days. Two days I worked on this thing so it would be perfect. AND it was.

Well he called me last week and said it looked scratched. I wanted him to stop by so I could see what he was seeing. Upon his arrival I could tell it was messed up. Seems his mobile car wash service mared the finish when they were washing it.

I said drop it Sat and I'll correct it again. IMO just needed spot SHR/FMP and wax. Did the job and it turned out well. As he was picking it up he opended the truck and slammed it with his hand clearly on the paint.

Well he called Monday and isnt Happy with it. Mind you this is a guy who parks his Black Sapphire BMW under a tree and also lets the lawn sprinkler hit it.

Well I'm at the end of my rope with this guy. In total I have 19 hrs into his car, without one penny coming out of his pocket or me charging the BMW dealership.The manager is a good friend and what goes around comes around with this friend.

So I kinda freaked out and told him to take his business elsewhere. But it kinda makes me doubt the way I did the job.

Rant over!!!!!!

That was exactly my problem with this guy. He said the other peoples cars that he works with dont look like his. Well I drove by his office today and the guys R8 is light blue, the Tahoe is white and the CTS is silver. YES those cars will look better then your black sapphire 5 series.

Paul, I hate to say it but you're in a no win situation. Some people just complain to complain. First off, all those vehicles you listed are not BMWs and there are not BLACK. Every car maker uses different styles of painting their cars. I'm guessing that BMW's have soft paint. Something you maybe could of done while the owner was there was show him how easy it is to scratch the paint(like what he did when he closed his trunk). That way maybe he could maybe start to understand the car's finish.

Another thing you can bring up to the owner is the fact that you have spent 19 hours OF YOUR OWN TIME and have not gotten one penny for it.

It sounds like this person thinks better than everyone because he's a doctor and has a little money. In reality, he needs to get a clue.

My best advice is to save yourself the headache and not to deal with that guy anymore.

Yes I did go over the car before he left with it. What I should have said was... I'm sorry that you didnt like the paint correction let me refund your money. Wait it didnt cost you anything and the cars still perfect

Sometimes you have to cut your losses, esp. with a guy like this. He won't ever be happy and sure won't keep his car nice.

You did him a favor... Tell him to pound salt!

You kept up your promise. I corrected my car in March. It doesn't look like it did 4 months ago. What does this guy expect? Free touch-ups?

Screw that!

Chris

You did him a favor... Tell him to pound salt!

You kept up your promise. I corrected my car in March. It doesn't look like it did 4 months ago. What does this guy expect? Free touch-ups?

Screw that!

Chris

Well said!!!!:iagree:

Archived