Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leaving detail Spray after claying

Fatboy93

Question

Hi all, been on this forum for a while but never posted so here goes! Do people leave detail spray residue on the car after claying, right before machine polishing? From the videos I've seen that Adam does but I've read somewhere that the Junkman removes it. Thoughts?

The directions on the clay say leave it, but I found that my automotive masking tape doesn't stick with the DS residue still on. I kept it on for my last hand polish/wax except for the area's I was taping.:D

Thanks for all the replies guys. The general consensus I'm getting is that if I leave it on then it does no harm other than save time, so I guess I'll leave it on. Do you mind my asking why you remove it Junkman?

I used to do a second wash, but then I tried just leaving the clay there. I now prefer to leave the clay res. on the paint. It helps me on a couple aspects.

1. I can see where I stopped on a panel. (Sometimes on dark paint, seeing the polish flash is harder than usual.)

2. I use less Detail Spray overall.

Mook

Thanks for all the replies guys. The general consensus I'm getting is that if I leave it on then it does no harm other than save time, so I guess I'll leave it on. Do you mind my asking why you remove it Junkman?

I wash the car a second time because if any clay residue remains, It creates a mess when it gets into my pads. Also, I want to see exactly what my paint looks like BEFORE I start buffing anything. I want a true representation of the work I'm about to do. I could care less about what time is added to the paint correction process by doing a second wash. Time is of no importance to me when doing this.

I could care less about what time is added to the paint correction process by doing a second wash. Time is of no importance to me when doing this.

That said it all... :thumbsup:

Archived