Customer Service 866.965.0400

looking at a truck need opinions

ExpressThis13

As some of you know I use to have 03 SS Silverado Arrival Blue in Color and I regretfully sold it due to hard times and gas and wish up and down that I would have kept it. Well I have found another Arrival Blue SS Silverado and another truck I am looking at. So here are my options.

1. Trade my GP on the Silverado SS. Its Arrival Blue with 88k miles on it untouched. No intake, exhaust, subs, or window tint no body mods like hood or graphics or grills. For those of you who dont know its a LQ9 6.0 V8 Vortec the truck is AWD and comes with heated leather and power seats w/ Bose stereo. Oh they are asking $14995

2. A 2001 Silverado 5.3v8 95k miles red in color heated tan leather no mods z71offroad looks really good in the pictures $8995

3. Keep my GP and fix what needs to be done to it. Needs a new front sway bar, new HVAC actuator, new ignition release actuator 2 new tires and other stuff to make me happy with it for the time being about 1k in stuff it needs within this year. being summer I definatly want to get the HVAC done and the sway bar done for sure and thats about 500 all together gonna need 2 new tires before winter as the old ones are dry rotting and they wont make it with me behind the wheel knowing that. so there is my options and im looking forward to what you guys say. Thanks.

Well i own and Silverado SS and you would think that i would sugest the SS. The question is, do you need a truck, or do you just like trucks?

If you need a truck I would go for the 01 for only $8995 that would be a great truck. I had one just like it and sold it to buy the SS, and many times a wish i would have kept it. its much more practical than the SS and gets much better MPGs

If you dont really need a truck then I would say fix your GP, It would be a whole lot less expensive, and they are good cars

I think either of the trucks sound like good deals, although 88k on an AWD SSS (as you very may well know) is a lot... what would make me leery of that one is the potential for transfer case, transmission, or rear end issues -which they are prone to- popping up and leaving you in a bad situation given theres no warranty.

I think either of the trucks sound like good deals, although 88k on an AWD SSS (as you very may well know) is a lot... what would make me leery of that one is the potential for transfer case, transmission, or rear end issues -which they are prone to- popping up and leaving you in a bad situation given theres no warranty.

I know about the risks of an SS and I always told myself I wouldnt get an AWD again I would go for a 06 2wd. I think im gonna go look at the 01 tomorrow it looks really nice so we shall see.

No I do not need a truck but it is nice to have incase I need to haul something or help someone move if needed. With a GP it just doesnt feel right to me and honestly who buys a SS Silverado to use it as a truck? I know there are people out there but do you use yours to haul stuff and move people or use it for work?

I know about the risks of an SS and I always told myself I wouldnt get an AWD again I would go for a 06 2wd. I think im gonna go look at the 01 tomorrow it looks really nice so we shall see.

No I do not need a truck but it is nice to have incase I need to haul something or help someone move if needed. With a GP it just doesnt feel right to me and honestly who buys a SS Silverado to use it as a truck? I know there are people out there but do you use yours to haul stuff and move people or use it for work?

I bought my SS to use as a truck. I tow and haul stuff with it. And the AWD is a must where I live. My biggest problem with my SS is that i hate to take it off of the pavement, and i am always afraid of getting it muddy, dirty or getting it scratched. I cant take the SS hunting or fishing and camping at certain places because of the 20s and lower profile tires.

My SS is almost paid off, and when my fiance finishes college I will keep the SS and buy another truck so I can have a truck truck

Archived