Customer Service 866.965.0400

Couple noob questions

Blazer15

Question

Hey guys. I just got my stuff from Adams (wash, clay, brilliant glaze, wax). I want to clay but should I get polish before I clay it? And do I need to rewash the car after after I clay, before I glaze/wax?

Thanks in advance, Kevin

13 answers to this question

Wash, clay, polish, wax...

If you are using Americana or Buttery, BG can go on the bare paint and then put the wax over it. If using MSS (I'm guessing NO), it goes on the bare paint then BG then Americana or Buttery.

Chris

depending on how soon you plan to polish it may be better just to wait...

you can wash, clay and then wax and the results will be great, but if you plan to polish in the next few weeks then its probably not worth the time or effort as you will have to do those steps all over again before polishing.

you dont have to rewash after claying but I do, others dont...its just your preference. If you dont wash, you will need to do a very careful and complete waterless wash wipedown to remove all the residue before glazing/waxing...

Thanks for the fast replies. I guess I'm going to have to get another GWDT then so I can rewash my car after claying. And it is buttery wax.

you should definitely get another one for the future but you can easily wash and dry your towel while you are claying...then its ready for the rewash.

That's why I tell people to watch them and then rewatch them and when done rewatching them, watch them again! lol Doing is better than watching though. Once you do it, it'll be like riding a bike!

Chris

Welcome Kevin.

As you can tell, any questions you have are quickly addressed here. If you have any product needs, click the dealer tab at the top of the home page and find the one closest to you (hint, hint :D )

Welcome Kevin.

As you can tell, any questions you have are quickly addressed here. If you have any product needs, click the dealer tab at the top of the home page and find the one closest to you (hint, hint :D )

I appreciate it. I think you guys are the closest to me which is over a 2 hour drive :( I wish you were a little closer.

I appreciate it. I think you guys are the closest to me which is over a 2 hour drive :( I wish you were a little closer.

Pfft....2 hours is nothing (still closer than Colorado). Be on the lookout for clinics throughout the state.

Archived