Customer Service 866.965.0400

The 1-2 Punch for Exhaust Tips

randyfox

Question

Is Metal Polish 1 and 2 of course. The tips on my 350Z were oxidized and dull. It was high time to address these sore thumbs!

Before:

004-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

After:

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003.jpg

005-1.jpg

010-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

Products used:

APC

Metal Polish 1 and 2

Brilliant Glaze

Americana

16 answers to this question

Thank you, yeah this guy only washed his BMW through car washes, and they're not good if you have tight multiple spokes wheels like the ones on the BMW. I definitely recommend waxing and sealing the wheels.

Yup, that is the plan. I had the new wheels shipped to the house just so that I could do this before tires are fitted on there. You KNOW pics will follow!

Wow! Looks great LQ!

Hey thanks everyone! I feel like a chump for not doing this earlier. Now every time I look at my car, I stop and look at those exhaust tips too! I am thinking that I should try a little brass wool for the insides of the tips? Drives me nuts to see that soot sitting in there like that.

I just received the metal polishes(s) and did a quick 5 minute job as I wanted to test them out. I was amazed what I was able to achieve with minimal effort and time. I do plan on spending more time perfecting them, but here is a quick pic:

Before:

P1020083.jpg

After:

P1020085.jpg

I've got to hammer out my tips on the G8 soon... I need to get some bronze wool though. It really speeds up the process on my DD which sees salt and snow. Unfortunately I have 4 tips to do! Ugh...

Yours look great!

I remember that thread. Killer job! I am glad I went and looked again. I see that you used acetone for the baked on brake dust. The Z has a real issue with this due to the previous owner neglecting them. Her solution? Inserts on the inside of the rims! :rolleyes: I am about to swap the wheels soon, so it isn't a huge deal. It is just something to do once I have the stockers off. ;)

Thank you, yeah this guy only washed his BMW through car washes, and they're not good if you have tight multiple spokes wheels like the ones on the BMW. I definitely recommend waxing and sealing the wheels.

Great job! Just gave mine the MP #1 and #2 treatment. They look good but still stubborn particles of an unknow sort remain, did you have these on your tips when polishing? They are hard and like specs of hard tar and niether mp 1 or 2 removed them, just curious

I remember that thread. Killer job! I am glad I went and looked again. I see that you used acetone for the baked on brake dust. The Z has a real issue with this due to the previous owner neglecting them. Her solution? Inserts on the inside of the rims! :rolleyes: I am about to swap the wheels soon, so it isn't a huge deal. It is just something to do once I have the stockers off. ;)

Archived