Customer Service 866.965.0400

Possible purchasing a used Trailblazer SS

the1inblue

Hey again! I was looking to trade in my 2010 Camaro for a Trailblazer SS and found a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS here locally through a website. Here's the link to it Here I went to the dealership this afternoon and it appeared to be in pretty good shape from what I can see. Only some minor defects to the interior but no major paint and body damage as I can see. Anyone owning or owning a trailblazer please fill me in what you think of this deal and do you think I could get it for a cheaper price. Oh it doesnt show it but it does come with aftermarket HID headlamps. Thanks!:glasses:

And you thought your Camaro was hard to keep swirl free, you just doubled your square footage :lolsmack::lolsmack:

No seriously it looks good to me but I have no prior experience...several of the TBSS guys while chime in Im sure...good luck but I hate to see a black Camaro go :(

Not only more square footage but it's also black as well. After all the frustration you've gone through with the Camaro I'm surprised you're even considering this. Good luck with whatever you decide.

And you thought your Camaro was hard to keep swirl free, you just doubled your square footage :lolsmack::lolsmack:

No seriously it looks good to me but I have no prior experience...several of the TBSS guys while chime in Im sure...good luck but I hate to see a black Camaro go :(

Yeah Ill keep the swirls down as best I can but I got a little one on the way. I want something little more practical but still have some power. The TBSS was the only vehicle I liked and that had power too! I'm sure the paint is better on the TBSS than the crappy paint on the Camaro. I dont see how GM dropped the ball on a 40K car by going cheap on the paint.

Not only more square footage but it's also black as well. After all the frustration you've gone through with the Camaro I'm surprised you're even considering this. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Yeah the biggest problem is the paint on the Camaro. To me its crap. I'm not gonna be as picky about the paint with the TBSS as I was with the Camaro. I just want something I can haul the kids in and still look sporty.

It looks pretty clean. If I were you I would look into an extended warranty, if for nothing else, that 4L70 transmission. Some last forever, some didn't last through the first year of ownership. With 74K miles on it, it would be my only real concern about buying it. Are the service records available for it?

EDIT: If you're serious about buying it there are a few good guys on the big TBSS site that can get you a complete GM VIS report on it's history.

me personally if you are trying to buy a more practical vehicle but you want an suv I would look into a nice tahoe or yukon denali. My choice would be the denali they are very nice 6.0 and im not really a fan of smaller suvs but hey its your vehicle just though I would throw my 2 cents out there.

It looks pretty clean. If I were you I would look into an extended warranty, if for nothing else, that 4L70 transmission. Some last forever, some didn't last through the first year of ownership. With 74K miles on it, it would be my only real concern about buying it. Are the service records available for it?

EDIT: If you're serious about buying it there are a few good guys on the big TBSS site that can get you a complete GM VIS report on it's history.

Do you have the links that I can go to? It comes with a warranty but unsure about how long it goes for. Im going to talk with the salesman about it tomorrow. Maybe test drive it too. As what I was told the last owner was a highway patrolman. Ill see about getting the service records. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

me personally if you are trying to buy a more practical vehicle but you want an suv I would look into a nice tahoe or yukon denali. My choice would be the denali they are very nice 6.0 and im not really a fan of smaller suvs but hey its your vehicle just though I would throw my 2 cents out there.

I thought about that however I want something with less of a payment. Thanks for the two cents. They all count

Wish I had the money to trade up.

I am not saying lavish just doesnt seem to me like you are gaining anything except a almost 5 year old vehicle. Thats might have the tendency to give you a problem.

I am not saying lavish just doesnt seem to me like you are gaining anything except a almost 5 year old vehicle. Thats might have the tendency to give you a problem.

True but that's the risk I gotta take for now. I see where you are coming from.

I love mine! but I don't drive it in the bad weather. Got to run 93 octane fuel and Mobil 1 synthetic oil (this can be costly) I think it is practical but fun to have. I have a few modifications including exhaust, caliper covers, tranny cooler (recommended) performance tuned etc. You can take the family to dinner or run it down the dragstrip. What more could a family man ask for? I am gettin almost 16 mpg with the tune. I also own a stock Trailblazer with 180000 miles but it only gets 15.5 MPG with a 4.2 engine. The tune made the difference. Mine is AWD. Give me a PM if you have any questions. :)

My wife has an '07 AWD TBSS. It's her daily driver, commuter car and children hauler. It is bone stock except for the kids seats in back and it is fully Adam's-ized. Today it went over 67,000 miles. It has gone through several big snows including Snowmegeddon this past February. She loves it except for the cheap interior and the once a week gas pump vi$it. If you decide to get a TBSS I strongly recommend an aftermarket CAI. Servicing the stock airbox is a lesson in profanity, busted knuckles and wishing horrible fiery deaths on GM engineers. She also recommends passing on the black and getting this, the dirt hiding color:picture.php?albumid=332&pictureid=1907

I loved my TBSS, but I actually sold it for the exact reason you're thinking of getting one.

It is by no means a spacious SUV... the front seats in a normal driving position for anyone 6ft or taller will make the rear borderline unusable. Its strange b/c you'd think they'd be really spacious, but they aren't. My wifes equinox (classified as a compact SUV) had roughly 2x the rear leg room. A long hood, long dash, and thick seats push the drivers back a ways into the rear.

When I got mine I bought new to replace a Silverado SS which was impractical for my soon to be born son. When he was an infant the TBSS was fine, but as soon as that car seat flipped around forward his feet were practically resting on the center console.

I also went thru a couple transmissions and rear ends thanks to GM's "wet paper bag" engineering on the drivetrain behind the LS2.

If you're doing this to be practical for your growing family... GET A TAHOE. One with equal mileage and condition can be had for much less, plus insurance will be lower, gas mileage will be better (with DoD system) and you'll have ample room to grow.

Don't get me wrong... I loved mine, but it turns out I should've just skipped the midsized SUV and gone right to the fullsize all along and saved myself a lot of torture in the process.

Archived