Customer Service 866.965.0400

Correct order

Blazer15

Question

Hey guys.

I am going to washmy car, clay, bg, then buttery wax. I just want to make sure it's ok to do this in that order, without revive polish after claying. Also was curious if I had to dry the car before clayIng? I've heard mixed thoughts about that, would it be ok if I clayed while wet, still using DS? Thanks

14 answers to this question

Your order is fine. People have been waxing their cars without polishing since the dawn of time. Obviously you results will be different, but you can do it.

As far as drying before claying, I do. It doesn't have to be super dry and perfect, but my thought is that you wouldn't want pools of water sitting around diluting the lubricating properties of the DS.

Hey guys.

I am going to washmy car, clay, bg, then buttery wax. I just want to make sure it's ok to do this in that order, without revive polish after claying. Also was curious if I had to dry the car before clayIng? I've heard mixed thoughts about that, would it be ok if I clayed while wet, still using DS? Thanks

If you have a darker colored car you would see a big difference with the Revive, and no you do not have to dry your car before clay.

I've started trying to clay my vehicles while still wet. It takes less time and the results are fine. You have to make sure you're in the shade and that temps are reasonable.

Using DS along with the water works great. Just rinse when done and dry.

Chris

I've started trying to clay my vehicles while still wet. It takes less time and the results are fine. You have to make sure you're in the shade and that temps are reasonable.

Using DS along with the water works great. Just rinse when done and dry.

Chris

Well not sure shade is a great option. I'm in S. Fl, and no garage. I was planning on starting at around 6am though?

Ugh... SFL in summer means HOT AS HECK! Been there done that...

Use your judgement on it. You don't want hard water stains when you're trying to clay them off... lol

Chris

Well not sure shade is a great option. I'm in S. Fl, and no garage. I was planning on starting at around 6am though?

You'll be ok that early, because the sun hasn't baked the paint yet. You'll have to work QUICKLY! The problem is going to be if you also want to polish or do anything else once you are done claying. You can polish and wax in direct sun, but its just SO much more difficult because you're trying to keep everything from drying out.

Best investment you can make right now it an EZ-up style tent to keep you in the shade.

Not any cooler in C. FLA, even with a garage!

I always dry before claying, but I don't clay without polishing. I don't dry as well as I do when I am just doing a wash, but I do knock down all the water spots with DS and GWDT.

Like Chewy said, give it a try and see how it works for you.

One more quick question. Once I'm done claying do I have to rinse, dry, then BG? or is it ok to BG over the DS and residue. I'm going to be doing all this tomorrow morning (excited), only asking because time (heat, sun) might be a factor. Thanks

Ok. I'll dry then BG and wax. I'll post pics when I'm done. Thanks!

P.s. Ill be ordering from you now, 1 Day shipping beats 5 days!

:2thumbs: I look forward to helping you in any way I can!

Archived