Customer Service 866.965.0400

1st time using the PC tomorrow

03z-71

Question

I'm doing my wifes civic tomorrow and it is gonna be my first PC use. i wanted do some smaller to practice on first, without a latter and all that!

This weekend is gonna be my truck!

This is a for real newbie question!

On the video he said go green, orange, and white all around the car.

He didn't say if you do one panel green, orange, white and so on around the car...

OR

green all the way, orange all the way, white all the around

Anymore advice for a virgin in PC world??

Thanks

9 answers to this question

some do it one way, some the other way...

I would do your test panel (2' x 2' area) with all the steps just to see what it will take to get the car perfect. Then do the entire rest of the car with green, then move to orange, etc. If you do it the other way, you will spend so much time switching pads, it will weaken the velcro and your really not accomplishing anything IMO.

Welcome and have fun with it!

I'm doing the whole vehicle with one color pad before moving on. I've just been testing things on my hood tonight and while I haven't been able to remove the deeper scratches as easily as I expected, the paint looks a mile deep and all the swirl marks are gone.

It's pretty easy. Go for it!

well i finished the exterior of her car, but it was 100 all day today (post pics tomorrow)...

so it took me longer than it would on a cooler day...:-)

I didn't even get to the inside

After you do a test spot you will know what you will need (pad & product), you may not need the Green, or you might not even need Orange. Always use the least aggressive pad & product to get the job done! Once you know what pad & product you need to start with do the whole car before going to the next step. If you keep changing back and forth with your pads they will dry out and you will have excessive dusting.

Have fun!!:pc:

I tested it on her hood!

2 bucket washed just like the videos...hehe

Clayed windows and all

PC w/ green SSR, white FMP, and then black MSS

In and Out on the engine so far

I finished the buffing and did manage to get some of the scratches out by trunk. Detailed the engine didn't even get to the inside, but I'm gonna do that tomorrow morning. Then take some pics... <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Archived