Customer Service 866.965.0400

Loose Grit Guard in Wash Bucket

Z71_Denali

Question

just got another shipment of Adam's in yesterday. i got a bucket w/ caddy and grit guard.

when i first set the grit guard in the bucket, it would spin around, but then when i set the bucket onto the caddy and tightend the eyebolts down to hold the bucket in place i noticed the more i tightened the bolts, it would kind of bend the bucket wall inward and keep the grit guard tightly in place. was it designed to do that? is it okay to leave the bolts tight to where the bucket is bending inward a little?

13 answers to this question

I believe they're supposed to fit tightly from the factory, but mine all spun. I had to do some redneck engineering to them to keep them tight. I don't have rollers for my buckets. I do it old school and lift them to move... lol

I noticed the same issue. I solved the problem quite easily with some thin, rubber weather stripping around the circumference of the grit guard. Worked well!

That works, or you can put a zip-tie or two on it to snug it up.

As long as it doesn't float I don't think that it would hurt if it is loose.:xfingers:

But what happens when its loose and when you rub your brush on it and it moves causing you to stir up all the loose dirt and setiment at the bottom with it?

Yeah when I try to rub a wash pad or brush against it and it moves with whatever motion I'm trying to move it kind of defeats the purpose of having it in there. The grit guard being stationary I think maximizes its full potential to trap and catch dirt.....and keep the particles separated from your wash water.

Can someone post a pic of the ziptie fix for me, thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

i can when i get home, but it's pretty simple. i used 4 zipties, connected them all together to make a big square, and i placed each connection at the 4 "fins" of the grit guard, just below the round top of the grit guard. it makes a square around it, and makes it very easy to remove and install the grit guard in and out of the bucket.

Archived